GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Defaults with NO CCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defaults with NO CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defaults with NO CCA

mgfboy - can you clarify would this user get a mortgage via your firm/contacts? If so then can you call me as I want to change ours

Thanks mate

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To my knowledge , at this moment in time there is only one lender out there that will lend to someone with adverse credit, thats Aldermore, they will lend to someone that have been squeaky clean for 3 years. I don't think ( off the top of my head ) they are into the shared ownership market though.

The people that are Nationwide, leeds, Halifax etc, may lend with minor ( and I mean minor and all satisfied/settled) adverse. IF your broker can sort something out, he is very good, just make sure though he is not just in it for the upfront fee.
      Last edited by mgfboy; 13 August 2012, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        Remember the Credit Crunch? We're still living the aftermath of it!

How did it all start? With subprime mortgages for people with poor credit records, self-certifying, etc. The mortgages started out at a low rate of interest thus making them look affordable but after the initial fixed period was over, the interest rates went through the roof, in some cases people who had been paying only 3% had to pay 8%! They couldn't switch to a better deal because of their circumstances, that's why there was en-masse defaulting on mortgages, particularly in America where the system was abused even more.

Even if there are companies willing to offer mortgages to people with defaults, there's always risks involved.
        I fit that bracket. We bought in 2007 and back then I was on over double what I earn now (even now I earn a good wage) so I went self cert in 07 as actually, GMAC RFC were the best rated at just over 3%. However this is now 7.19% and I cannot swap mortgages as I simply do not earn enough to get the same mortgage now, I'd need to clear £40k first - why? We already paid £70k deposit.....

Its a catch 22
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Humm my good friend’s partners told me this, he has been doing this successfully for 12 years for his own company, and I don’t think he has any reason to lie to me. Never mind.

You all seem quite negative to me or maybe I’m an overly positive person, I tend to believe anything is possible if you put your mind to it, the tone I’m getting from here is “if I can’t do it what makes you think you can do it” (I'm sure however you are all lovely people).

This conversation isn’t constructive to me, sitting here moaning on the internet with people who I have never met before and who don’t know me or my situation versus getting off my arse and trying to do it for myself (successful or not at lease I have tried rather than taking someone’s word for it).

I am not opposed to advice but your opinion is just that your opinion, sorry but I can’t run my life by your opinion.

I think I’ll stick to CAG and MSE.

Thanks for your opinion though it has been interesting. Good luck fighting the good fight J

Comment

CAG & MSE couldnt offer you the help that you can get here.

It is of the opinion based on many users experience and case law that you will struggle to get it removed at all.

I will say good luck to you and if you manage to get it removed you would be in the minority of the users here on LB, CAG & MSE
            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ali82 View Post
              Humm my good friend’s partners told me this, he has been doing this successfully for 12 years for his own company, and I don’t think he has any reason to lie to me. Never mind.

You all seem quite negative to me or maybe I’m an overly positive person, I tend to believe anything is possible if you put your mind to it, the tone I’m getting from here is “if I can’t do it what makes you think you can do it” (I'm sure however you are all lovely people).

This conversation isn’t constructive to me, sitting here moaning on the internet with people who I have never met before and who don’t know me or my situation versus getting off my arse and trying to do it for myself (successful or not at lease I have tried rather than taking someone’s word for it).

I am not opposed to advice but your opinion is just that your opinion, sorry but I can’t run my life by your opinion.

Thanks for your opinion though it has been interesting. Good luck fighting the good fight J
              Hi,
              Sorry you feel this way, people here report on their experiences, however the best of luck and I think we all hope you are successful in getting your mortgage and at a good rate, but please let us know how you get on, good or bad, all experiences help us all.

Comment

We're not negative here Ali, just realistic.

The chances of you getting defaults removed, are virtually zero, unless you can manage to include it as a condition of a very substantial settlement. We know, only because we have all tried it over the years.

The Mortgage market is extremely different now, to that of 12 years ago. Just be sure you are not conned into giving fees upfront, with no end result. In any instance, you will pay a huge premium if you have defaults.

As far as CAG and MSE are concerned, a lot of us have migrated here, for very obvious reasons. If you think that they will give you the responses you want, rather than reality, and that is what you want, then we wish you luck.

Comment

mgfboy who posted earlier also has his own company and has been doing this many many years. We have a combination of people here from those industries, plus most of us came from MSE & CAG and created AAD.

You'll find our info is actually most up-to-date.

We're not being negative, we're trying to get you to see sense. Obviously you feel that's negativity, but we would strongly suggest you think long and hard before making any decisions that could do little, or cause more serious damage.

Best of luck.

Comment

Do you know Niddy's history? any idea why he started this forum? If not, then you should find out before passing judgment. In a way, it's all to do with defaults that shouldn't have been recorded in the first place because the debts were not his. If anyone should know all about that subject, it would be him because he's been there, done that over and over!
                    & niddy also took both CRA's to court and niddy also worked (subcontracted) for both the main CRA's and niddy also knows senior management of both the main CRA's.

Other than that, I suppose yea - pretty much

Comment

No probs mate, if your mate can get you sorted out , please come back and tell us how you sorted it. I've been doing this for a long time and I have seen some strange stuff over the years and I wouldn't discount someone know something I don't, as you say it all down to opinion until the app goes in, but at least my opinion comes from 20 plus years of being in the biz. Good luck and please come back to tell us how you got on.

Comment

Yes but did you actually go into the detail of what that adverse credit was? I doubt your friends partners lied to you, but instead told you something that may be true depending on circumstances.

You couldn't be more wrong! All the people who have tried to help you so far are some of the most positive people you could ever meet, who have PERSONAL experience on taking on the financial institutions, not just in issues of defaults, but actually in the courts.

They are not armchair lawyers (like you will find a huge number in CAG and most definately on MSE), but people who have actually been there and have the scars to prove it. So the advice being given, isn't negative, its driven from their own personal experience and they are trying to give you the benefit of that experience so you don't fall foul of the same bear-pits they fell into.

Do you really think thats fair - remember its you who came looking for advice and started this thread!

As above - you came and asked for an opinion, and you received those opinions. Unfortunately it would appear that the advice given to you wasn't what you wanted to hear. Sorry that was the case, but perhaps when you have spent fruitless months getting defaults that have been lawfully applied removed, and failed, you'll appreciate that this forum offered you the correct advice.

Good luck with that, if you want to receive incorrect, and occasionally, dangerous advice, (albeit well intentioned) then those are the places to go. We all started there at one point or another but realized very quickly that those forums are not the places to be if you really want to tackle things with your creditors.

If you do get anywhere please come back and let everyone know how you did it. Everyone here is open to learning new methods to tackle the banks, something you'd understand if you actually looked through this forum rather than forming an opinion based on one thread.
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Remember the Credit Crunch? We're still living the aftermath of it!

How did it all start? With subprime mortgages for people with poor credit records, self-certifying, etc. The mortgages started out at a low rate of interest thus making them look affordable but after the initial fixed period was over, the interest rates went through the roof, in some cases people who had been paying only 3% had to pay 8%! They couldn't switch to a better deal because of their circumstances, that's why there was en-masse defaulting on mortgages, particularly in America where the system was abused even more.

Even if there are companies willing to offer mortgages to people with defaults, there's always risks involved.
                          agree and we are one them , this is why we went to interest only and are trying to sell and move to buy a house cash, i am sick of paying over the top although the interest rate on our mortgage is not too bad . But we want out and we want out as soon as we can . I don't care if i live in a one bed house /flat but if i own it then that is all that matters , we don't want to answer to anyone . We are sick of being imprisoned by debt and mortgage payments .

Comment

Working...
                          X