GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Looking at the stars v Cabot / Barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at the stars v Cabot / Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking at the stars v Cabot / Barclaycard

I took a deeper look into it, they had a copy of an original agreement it seems with signature, it was the T&C's they reconstructed !!!!!!!!! it was on the CAG forum....

Now mine is like three others, just a load of bullocks, a screen shot of a blank T&C's, funny Crabot rang tonight as I am that confident now I gave them my spare mobile number,,,,, told em see you in court if you feel you can get by without a signed CCA, they said they had no plans to enforce as enforcement means seeking a CCJ and as they had not been furnished with one they could not. So I replied ( I am not paying as I had not been furnished with one either ) again they spouted the party line, you paid Barclays so that is an acknowledgement, ha say's I, not denying ownership only now queering terms of what a high court judge said was a gift !!!!!!!! because without CCA that is what it is...

Comment

This is the forum post on the other site.

Morgans/Cabot proceeding to court with reconstituted agreement on citi cc debt'

Comment

Originally posted by still looking at the star View Post
        This is the forum post on the other site.

Morgans/Cabot proceeding to court with reconstituted agreement on citi cc debt'

Nope nothing doing

Maybe you need to get in touch with the Link Fairy
        Last edited by PlanB; 3 July 2012, 21:54. Reason: added last line

Comment

Just like to keep a eye on the other site and see what's occurring, flower.

No the expertise is super over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            They were just running round in circles with that one - no-one seemed to know where they were going. Surely CRAPBOT can't reconstruct an agreement - only the OC could. If they'd been properly challenged from the start they probably wouldn't have issued court papers. As usual they were misquoting Carey - the recon is fine for information purposes and should satisfy a s78 request but to obtain judgment they'd need the original which in this case was nowhere to be seen. The OP even had letters from Citi saying they couldn't find it yet Crapbot made one appear out of thin air!

That's the problem with sites like that - they open the door a little so you can see the possibilities inside but don't open it enough to let you in and take full advantage of them. As a consumer you know agreements can be challenged but you don't know how, what to look for, or even what to aim for.

Let's say that when I was there I fully expected to have to go to court and leave with a CCJ and was just hoping not to be ordered to pay too much. In fact, I even read posts where they told the OP "at least a CCJ would freeze interest".
            Hi,
            Cabot and Morgans are on the brink of issuing against me BUT I have Paul dealing with them now so follow my diary to see if they continue.

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower and Helms, I will be following with interest. Just had my agreement is terminated today from Crabot,, I take it Flowerpower they went no where near a court with yours????

I have one blank T&Cs for Barclaycard branded and absolutely nothing at all for the old morgan stanley which they are calling a gold fish card !!!!!!!

Had this problem with an old Yorkshire Bank Card they bought, told me they could not enforce and have left me a lone..... e-mail off them last night asking me to ring them ( Fat Chance ) told em IN WRITING ONLY PLEASE prefer electronic e-mail as it's cheaper..

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower and Helms, I will be following with interest. Just had my agreement is terminated today from Crabot,, I take it Flowerpower they went no where near a court with yours????

I have one blank T&Cs for Barclaycard branded and absolutely nothing at all for the old morgan stanley which they are calling a gold fish card !!!!!!!

Had this problem with an old Yorkshire Bank Card they bought, told me they could not enforce and have left me a lone..... e-mail off them last night asking me to ring them ( Fat Chance ) told em IN WRITING ONLY PLEASE prefer electronic e-mail as it's cheaper..
                We have a morgan st card they cannot find the agreement that was 16 months ago have not even heard from them since so hopefully you wont either.

Comment

Thanks guy's

The YB is in writing at the moment they have not commented on the old morgan stanley, just keep asking me to pay. Nothing sent for that one.

As for the Barclaycard Branded all they sent was blank T&C's as Niddy said totally UE Have replied with a CPUTR letter but they keep asking me to ring..Also one of there letters was i have admitted that I had the card due to payments to BC.... Told them that was not the issue they admit in writing due to age they have not go original on the Branded card.... It's a wait and see game but they are like a dog with a bone on this one just because they sent the T&C's reconstructed from God knows what ( just a blank no signature nothing )

Comment

Well an update on me barclaycard fiasco, Cabot have crawled out the woodwork again, letters went to old address so only just received them, these muppets were informed of change of address...

It looks like there smoke and mirrors games again, had it with me Yorkshire Bank CC with them ( you have paid towards this so your liable you have acknowledge debt blah de blah )

They admit due to age of Goldfish one they wont have CCA so have sent Niddys letter off saying thanks for confirmation it remains in dispute.

As for the Branded card and the useless jumbled up screenshots I asked them under CPUTR rules if they had the original and this is what they sent back with another letter the next day saying they are going to escalate recovery. Have written back saying again produce copy of original or see you in court.

Like an itch I can't scratch these bad-boys. Oh flower power did Barclays try the Recon route with you ????
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well an update on me barclaycard fiasco, Cabot have crawled out the woodwork again, letters went to old address so only just received them, these muppets were informed of change of address...

It looks like there smoke and mirrors games again, had it with me Yorkshire Bank CC with them ( you have paid towards this so your liable you have acknowledge debt blah de blah )

They admit due to age of Goldfish one they wont have CCA so have sent Niddys letter off saying thanks for confirmation it remains in dispute.

As for the Branded card and the useless jumbled up screenshots I asked them under CPUTR rules if they had the original and this is what they sent back with another letter the next day saying they are going to escalate recovery. Have written back saying again produce copy of original or see you in court.

Like an itch I can't scratch these bad-boys. Oh flower power did Barclays try the Recon route with you ????

Is this by any chance my friend who bench presses 240 lbs ???

Comment

Creditors/DCAs have been trying the recon. route as a matter of course for ages by cherry-picking extracts from Carey et al to suit their own purpose.

Many people just roll over and accept it....
                        Remember the mantra:
                        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes flower-power,,, it is all smoke and mirrors they can fuse hot-air away. They did this to me once before on a very very old card. As soon as you tell them you are not disputed having a card etc etc but you want the agreement as is your right, no if's no but's a copy of the original they seem to back down some what.

Love the bit about the original lender not being relied on, will use that one as my last shot when they come back at me...... They even have my phone number but after there last call where I was up to baiting them they refuse to ring me. love the old darlings... I have nothing to lose so don't even care if they try for a CCJ, once me house is all repossessed sold and the outstanding amount owed is finalised its of to BR land but I just want to bait these bad boys abit...

Oh Rockwell you caught me,,, only benching 40lbs now its the age mate...

Comment

Naughty Crabot keep sending mail to my old address which is being repossessed I have now sent an official complaint to them and as I am now in the position of don't give a damn about anything as when house is repoed it's down to BR..any how.

So told em not getting a penny of my money until they produce CCA !!!!!! told them if they think they have a case go for it... otherwise belt up. Used one of our members lines as he is trying to get someone to make him BR and save the fee,,, other DCA's have admitted they have purchased UE but have the ball's to admit it. something a long that lines. They are becoming boring now.

Could someone tell me what Crabots criteria is for an appearance in front of the judge, Do I have to be under 30 with Apollo God type looks and have the charm of a lounge lizard ?????
                            Attached Files

Comment

Some answers to what looks like a mini debate on lookings house.

. . . . I have rented a three bedroomed house at less than half I am paying both the mortgage and the secured loan.

Even with my house being slightly or just equal if sold for the price Im asking, First Plus would have blocked even for just £1k plus. So I stopped all of them this is the third month.

Yes I am working full time so no benefits. Yes this is a joint mortgage with ex and yes I know it's 12 years. The mortgage company will probably get there money I only owe them £69k the house is valued at £115k, its those sharks at Barclays First Plus.

I do not care what they do after, the BR money is secured in girlee friends account and it will be off to see the judge. At 53, in the NHS with cuts coming right left and centre it was the best decision I have ever made.

Keep you informed
                              If your planning to go BR after the house is repossessed wouldn't that mean that the mortgage company and Barclays (secured loan) will still chase your ex-wife for any shortfall on this joint loan for up to 12 years since you say the house is in negative equity (post #1) unless she's planning on going BR too

I don't know anything about BR but if you're working full time won't the OR want some of your income for your creditors The UE route does work if you stick at it long enough
                              Last edited by PlanB; 28 October 2012, 13:28. Reason: added last para

Comment

yes it would be an IPA For three years, but I can assure you there is not much surplus income left after all my legal expenditure is taken out.

As for ex, that is her problem, she was given the chance to help out but wants nothing to do with the house. This has been the situation for the last three years.

BR is an option and one I have thought long and hard about. At my age and with no substantial surplus money, the amount I am paying out at the moment to creditors would probably be the same as the IPA but at least I would have an end date where I would be free of all debts.

Comment

Working...
                                X