GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Help Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Re: Barclaycard Help Please

Originally posted by AJHARPA
    Hi Niddy

thanks for looking through those agreements. On another note i have received another letter from Barclaycard saying if i dont make apayment then they will instruct Mercers Debt Collections to send me a default notice. I have the template ready that you sent at the beginning but i just wanted to know a bit more about the process. Am i likely to get them knocking at my door straight away? if they come to the door are they legally allowed to take anything etc?

A
    Hiya, read this: ---> viewtopic.php?f=54&t=49

No - nobody has a right to come in, if they knock at your door you tell them to get lost - simples. They have no rights and also they will not do much anyway, so long as you update us here with any correspondence then we'll be able to tell them to get lost...

In the meantime ignore barclays and when mercers write, let us know and we'll advise how to respond.

Stop worrying and read, then read some more to learn what happens etc..... the diaries here is a great starting point

Leave a comment:

• AJHARPA
    replied

Hi Niddy

thanks for looking through those agreements. On another note i have received another letter from Barclaycard saying if i dont make apayment then they will instruct Mercers Debt Collections to send me a default notice. I have the template ready that you sent at the beginning but i just wanted to know a bit more about the process. Am i likely to get them knocking at my door straight away? if they come to the door are they legally allowed to take anything etc?

A

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Hiya - Ref your email:

Amex: You say you applied online, however for that to occur they would have the tick-in-the-box copy - they never sent this so me wonders why? Until such time they do, this can be assumed UE.

:UE

HBOS: This is unenforceable as they have sent your application, not linked to the prescribed terms.

:UE

In both instances, you respond with this (print one for amex and one for hbos): ---> viewtopic.php?p=1629#p1629

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Hiya

To get a F&F you need to be in default, pointless being up to date or they will never take a settlement, ideally let it default then let them sell it to a DCA at which point you can haggle for upto 70% off - I usually go for 80-90% write off meaning you pay 10-20% tops.....

Have a read here: ---> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=350

Leave a comment:

• AJHARPA
    replied

Hi Niddy

Just noticed this thread

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=555

And i am in a very similar situation i will send you the HBOS and the other questionable agreement i have. Apart from the high debt i havent missed any payments (except the barclaycard one now). If i could get an F&F agreement from them it would be a lot better. is there a rough number on how much realistically % wise they may accept?

A

Leave a comment:

• AJHARPA
    replied

Hi Niddy

yes the others are post april 2007, one of them may not be and have sent a Subject access request off to check.

A

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Hiya why only those two? Are the others post 2007?

The overdraft is cca exempt so you can't consider that...

Leave a comment:

• AJHARPA
    replied

hi niddy,

thanks for the advice, to give you an idea, i have 4 credit cards all with high balances, a loan and an overdraft. but not all the CCA can be done for UE only these two i beleive

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

You need to switch banks if you go down UE route - but don't do this for only 2 debts that are up to date cos it will ruin your credit file. Read the link I posted last time and make sure you know what you're doing and the consequences - I feel you're not really in need of UE with only 2 debts, both up to date as well.

Leave a comment:

• AJHARPA
    replied

Hi Niddy

I have stopped paying the Barclaycard and yes i know they will hassle me and probably sell the account and i am ready with the template you have provided. The Halifax account i am not 100% sure if it is unenforcable or not so wanted your expert opinion, also my main account is the halifax as well so wasnt sure if i should stop payments while they are my main acocunt?

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Can I just ask why you are still paying them (even minimum/token payment) if the account is unenforceable?

Yes. You'll get phone calls, letters etc.

Have a read at my Barclaycard entry on my dairy to give you an idea of what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• AJHARPA
    replied

Also when it comes to Barclaycard

Oct: Niddy confirms UE
    OCT/Nov: Receive automated call twice a day from Barclaycard

Leave a comment:

• AJHARPA
    replied

apologies Niddy, new to all this but will get it right. appreciate your help so far.
    Ok in answer to what you require please see below. I will get a non blanked out CCA over to you ASAP

Type of account - credit card
    Date commenced - December 2003
    Approx balance - £12k
    Date last paid - about 2 years ago, min payment ever since
    Are you on arrangement or not paying - NO
    Status - up-to-date
    Account owner - Halifax

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Hiya

you're emailing me stuff but not saying who you are or updating this? You can't just send me an agreement to check especially all blanked out - its useless to me, sorry!

Read this and please do as I ask then I will assist: ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by DGJsaver
    Some people want the bloody moon on a stick
    Shhh, I sell those for £15.75 + VAT mate y y

Leave a comment:

Working...
X