GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How far back can one claim ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far back can one claim ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• di30
    replied
    Re: How far back can one claim ?

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    Thanks Di, so if i go in the bank and ask them for the details they should be able to give them to me even though its years ago ?

sorry for asking so many questions i just don't know where to start and i know i paid around £21 a month into ppi on a loan for 3 years

It could be worth a try, and ask away that's what we are here for lol.

What about a subject access request (SAR), ask their data protection unit for all the paperwork if you no longer have anything based on the account?
    That is another way.
    How long ago did you settle the loan?

With whatever reasons you have for being mis sold, it will be just a matter of writing a letter or completing a reclaim complaint questionnaire, I can of course forward these details for you once your ready.
    If you want to double check on the UE thingie first and we can go from there.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    I can't see it being a problem, but because I do not know much a about UE matters, maybe it can be clarified by Niddy or one of our other folks who may know more on this one, but otherwise it should be ok to wha I know of.
    Thanks Di, so if i go in the bank and ask them for the details they should be able to give them to me even though its years ago ?

sorry for asking so many questions i just don't know where to start and i know i paid around £21 a month into ppi on a loan for 3 years

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

the account it came out of each month is in with my ue so can i still request information on this account to find out what the loan account number was or will it rock the boat ?
    I can't see it being a problem, but because I do not know much a about UE matters, maybe it can be clarified by Niddy or one of our other folks who may know more on this one, but otherwise it should be ok to wha I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Hiya

Yes having the loan account number is a big help to make a start on the reclaiming.

the account it came out of each month is in with my ue so can i still request information on this account to find out what the loan account number was or will it rock the boat ?

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Just been thinking, i know the account number which the loan payments were taken from if this would start the ball rolling Di ?
    Hiya

Yes having the loan account number is a big help to make a start on the reclaiming.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Just been thinking, i know the account number which the loan payments were taken from if this would start the ball rolling Di ?

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

YAY Matty!
    Yes he is very clever!

Come back, we need you lol.

Leave a comment:

• MattyA
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Exactly

You Sussed it matey

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Exactly

You Sussed it matey

Leave a comment:

• MattyA
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Remember that the official line is that you get 3 years from when you knew you could make a complaint or 6 years from the event you're complaining about actually occurring.

Basically you can complain up to 6 years or 3 years AFTER you learned that you were entitled to complain
    So tell em when you write to them that 'further to seeking independant advice about your finances you are now aware that you have been mis-sold the ppi ' I would also tell them that you were told you were told that you must take out the PPI in order to to get the loan / Credit card ...either face to face at your local branch or over the telephone when queering the need for PPI.
    Not 100% scruplulous but nor are they.
    Matty
    Last edited by MattyA; 11 September 2012, 22:19.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Remember that the official line is that you get 3 years from when you knew you could make a complaint or 6 years from the event you're complaining about actually occurring.

Basically you can complain up to 6 years or 3 years AFTER you learned that you were entitled to complain

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    LTSB told me that they are unable to provide statements or documents prior to 2000, I am having a hell of a game with them at the moment - and I wrote out 2½ thousand cheques from my account, still they say there was no account???

Got to try and don't take no for an answer.

I will give it go , i have hundreds of papers to go through i might be able to find one with the account number of the loan on it as it was direct debit.

I have just thought of something vossy, how about if we can't find the account numbers we send off a SAR to them, they should have everything on file .
    Last edited by Spent2much; 11 September 2012, 09:57.

Leave a comment:

• vossy
    replied

LTSB told me that they are unable to provide statements or documents prior to 2000, I am having a hell of a game with them at the moment - and I wrote out 2½ thousand cheques from my account, still they say there was no account???

Got to try and don't take no for an answer.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Lol i thought it was just me at first, until i read up on Niddy's thread of the cookie thingie lol.

Oh and any statements may help and depending the year it ended, a credit report may help too.

If your still with the same bank now where you paid the loan every month out of, they may hold the details, and on statements, the loan account number is generally shown next to the loan monthly repayment ;-)
    Last edited by di30; 8 September 2012, 12:16.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

thank you will try that , i have had problems replying too its the cookies thing niddy was on about lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X