GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script American Express - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Express

Thanks guys...

Do I state how much compensation & interest I want or do I leave that for them to decide?
    Can I get this over payment with no hassle or will this be a battle?

Is the ombudsman complaint form for both ppi and over payment? Do I do send a separate one if so?

Do I send the ombudsman questionnaire and complaint form to both Amex and the ombudsman?
    Do I send a covering letter about the ppi or is the questionnaire and complaint form enough?

Sorry for all the questions but it's not very clear on the forms where to send them!
    Last edited by sad; 3 May 2016, 19:40.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

You'd usually let them make an offer and from that you'd know if it was right or not.

Imagine if you asked for £5k and they just paid that - you might think they'd done it deliberately

But worry not. It's not like that. If you do a reclaim it'll be investigated and the offer is a fixed format including interest so they'll offer whatever they deem appropriate based on their calculations regardless of what you request in any claim.

Just try and get an average figure so you know whether to accept any offer made. Sometimes offers are rejected where the bank for instance only go back XX years - and you want them to go further. That's when one may reject an offer and go the FOS route with a specific amount in mind.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sad View Post
          Thanks guys...

Do I state how much compensation & interest I want or do I leave that for them to decide?
          Can I get this over payment with no hassle or will this be a battle?

Is the ombudsman complaint form for both ppi and over payment? Do I do send a separate one if so?

Do I send the ombudsman questionnaire and complaint form to both Amex and the ombudsman?
          Do I send a covering letter about the ppi or is the questionnaire and complaint form enough?

Sorry for all the questions but it's not very clear on the forms where to send them!
          1. Answered above.
          2. The ombudsman link was regards complaints. It's a live form so you'd do 2 complaints as they are two separate issues. But first you must get a deadlock letter from the lender ie if they reject your claim.
          3. Don't utilise FOS yet. Complain to the bank directly, in two separate complaints, first.
          4. You only send the FOS the complaint if necessary - you don't copy in the bank as at that point you'd be in deadlock (with the bank). The FOS is the last resort and can override the banks rejection, for instance.
          5. You write a letter for each complaint and post them in two envelopes as they are separate issues.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you again Niddy, you makes things so clear for me

Comment

PPI reclaim letter:

5th May 2016
              American Express Services Europe Ltd.
              FAO: Complaints Manager
              Dear Sir/Madam,
              Re: Account Number *********
              I purchased the above policy from you on ******** in connection with the credit card referenced above.
              I believe I was mis-sold this policy for the reasons given below, and wish you to investigate my complaint according to your normal complaint procedures
              1.) I was not told that the insurance was optional.

2.)The policy exclusions were not explained to me either before, or at the time, I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate for me.

3.)I was lead to believe that this was part of the credit card package and was dressed up with the “no annual fee, double money back and 1p back in every £1 spent” etc I

If my complaint is upheld I require a full refund of all premiums paid to the policy £1075.97, plus any additional interest charged to me because of the PPI.
              I would also like to claim statutory compensation in view of the fact that I have been deprived of the use of this money.
              Please now investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed to you.
              Yours faithfully,

Overpayment letter:

I recently sent you a subject access request as I wanted to check this account out because at the time of paying the card debt off, you forced the sale of my house to pay this debt.
              I've received the documents back from my subject access request and I can see that I overpaid and you when I paid the debt off 29th January 2007.
              Also I had a refund from PayPal debited to my account 3rd November 2011 for £50.38.
              You have kept this overpayment and PayPal refund from me and made no contact with me whatsoever to inform me of my overpayment and refund.
              I now wish to reclaim this overpayment back with interest and compensation for the blatant abuse in retaining an overpayment and a refund on my account.
              If my complaint is upheld I require a full refund & interest.
              I would also like to claim statutory compensation in view of the fact that I have been deprived of the use of this money.
              Please now investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed to you.

Comment

he makes thing's clear for me too ! xx
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X