GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card ppi redress - not too sure about redress amounts!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card ppi redress - not too sure about redress amounts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit card ppi redress - not too sure about redress amounts!!

Originally posted by tjperfick View Post
    just a quick update, the account was opened November 1993 with and the ppi was going from the start. Does this make a difference to the redress then bill?
    cheers
    Yes it does, TJP. Now we know the PPI start date, we can scrap 'Estimate 3.' This then just leaves 'Estimate 1,' which is my own estimation with just £48 penalty charges - and 'Estimate 2,' which is the same, except that it includes all penalty charges.

In Estimate 1, Barclay's refund is approx. £66 less than my own estimate.

In Estimate 2 (including all charges), Barclay's refund is approx. £422 less than my own estimate.

So - if you are going to press for a refund of all penalty charges, then there is some mileage in it, methinks. I have noticed that on 4 occasions, you appear to have omitted to enter the Actual Balance, and the spready therefore has assumed that no transactions took place. I think that if you can check this and enter the Actual Balances, then this would make your own figures more accurate, but it would decrease your claim 'quantum' a little (I estimate by approx. £10 at the most.)

So - all in all - there appears to be approx. £400 to be gained by querying the refund, and this amounts to approx. 2.1% of the amount already refunded. Not a big difference - but it is still £400. It's your call, as they say, TJP.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill-K; 7 May 2014, 23:13. Reason: Attachment attached.

Comment

Working...
    X