GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SaltnVinegar v Santander - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SaltnVinegar v Santander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SaltnVinegar v Santander

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    ARRRGH

I have totally forgotten about this I have been so busy with work.

Is there any way I can resurrect this? Or have I missed my window of opportunity with the FOS?

SnV
    Hi

How long ago did you have the final decision?

I take it this is what you mean (timescales from final decision to the times to complain to the FOS)?
    You have 6 months as from the date of the final decision letter.

Just to add, if somehow you missed the timescales of complaining to the FOS, if you have any reason that have held you back, maybe personal family issues etc, they will consider taking it on.
    Last edited by di30; 26 May 2012, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi

How long ago did you have the final decision?

I take it this is what you mean (timescales from final decision to the times to complain to the FOS)?
      You have 6 months as from the date of the final decision letter.

Just to add, if somehow you missed the timescales of complaining to the FOS, if you have any reason that have held you back, maybe personal family issues etc, they will consider taking it on.

Hi Di

Could I make a new complaint to Santander? I think it has been 6 months since I made the initial one.

Unfortunately I had my computer stolen towards the end of last year and lost a lot of correspondence that I hadn't managed to back up.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Di

Could I make a new complaint to Santander? I think it has been 6 months since I made the initial one.

Unfortunately I had my computer stolen towards the end of last year and lost a lot of correspondence that I hadn't managed to back up.

Hi

There is no harm in doing so and that is yet possibly a good reason for doing this, if they come back and say, they will be no longer looking into your complaint, contact the FOS and explain you have had issues to deal with due to a stolen computer with documents/important corresponce etc you kept on file, and it's only now you have had time to get round to dealing with it, they may consider taking it on.

Can you recall on receiving a final decision letter (this one should have been enclosed with details/leaflet of the FOS)?
        If so can you recall the month you received it?
        Last edited by di30; 26 May 2012, 16:39.

Comment

Can you recall on receiving a final decision letter (this one should have been enclosed with details/leaflet of the FOS)?
          If so can you recall the month you received it?
          I 'think' it was last November, but I can't be sure. Problem is I used to scan all correspondence into my computer so I had an electronic copy. My computer got stolen about a week after I received the letter so hadn't got round to backing up the contents.

I should still have the paper copy around somewhere but it will take a bit of digging out. I will see what I can find over the weekend!

Thanks
          SnV
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I 'think' it was last November, but I can't be sure. Problem is I used to scan all correspondence into my computer so I had an electronic copy. My computer got stolen about a week after I received the letter so hadn't got round to backing up the contents.

I should still have the paper copy around somewhere but it will take a bit of digging out. I will see what I can find over the weekend!

Thanks
            SnV

I forgot to say sorry to hear of the computer being stolen.

(If you don't mind me asking (probably a silly question though lol), did you report it to the police? if so when you write to the bank/business about your complaint, so that they know this is genuine (you know what I mean) , you could explain that your computer was stolen which held details including copies of letters etc, and as you said on your post, and that you had to get the police involved, so you are asking if they will please look into your complaint etc etc.........

If they refuse to do so, then as said above, it may then be a good idea anyway to contact the FOS and let them know the same, they should consider still taking it on even if the dates of timescales have passed due to your reason.

Comment

I forgot to say sorry to hear of the computer being stolen.
              Thanks Di, its one of those unfortunate risks in life when some thieving scrote takes your stuff (and for once I'm not talking about bankers!)

(If you don't mind me asking (probably a silly question though lol), did you report it to the police? if so when you write to the bank/business about your complaint, so that they know this is genuine (you know what I mean) , you could explain that your computer was stolen which held details including copies of letters etc, and as you said on your post, and that you had to get the police involved, so you are asking if they will please look into your complaint etc etc.........

If they refuse to do so, then as said above, it may then be a good idea anyway to contact the FOS and let them know the same, they should consider still taking it on even if the dates of timescales have passed due to your reason.
              I did, and I have the police report so can prove when it was taken etc.

It perhaps will be worth a punt if I can do this quickly.

Do you think it would be worth re-opening my complaint with Santander or just going straight to FOS?

Best
              SnV

Comment

Personally, I would reopen with Santander. The FOS will want to see that you've done all you can there.

I seem to remember you posting on here about the computer being stolen. Didn't you ask for opinions on getting a new one pretty swiftly?

Comment

Thanks Di, its one of those unfortunate risks in life when some thieving scrote takes your stuff (and for once I'm not talking about bankers!)

I did, and I have the police report so can prove when it was taken etc.

It perhaps will be worth a punt if I can do this quickly.

Do you think it would be worth re-opening my complaint with Santander or just going straight to FOS?

Best
                  SnV
                  I agree with Bboo, worth giving it another shot with Santander first, if this fails, then give it a go with the FOS.

Comment

Working...
                  X