GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shadow2981 vs. Lloyds Banking Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadow2981 vs. Lloyds Banking Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shadow2981 vs. Lloyds Banking Group

Thank you all so much. What would I do without you all XXX

Bill and Turbo

I have started me thread, had trouble down loading the charges direct from my document/files, so as they were over on the banking section (packaged accounts) I attached the thread from that link n my thread, thank you all once again x x x

Comment

Will follow with interest Di--I'm a bit rusty on current position( had a throat op--lol as well as other "do" re ulcer-lol)-- but Bill up to speed

btw--leather boots??---much prefer that photo of you in red pyjamas
      My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Lol!!!! I still have that red silky bedwear lol!

Ooh Turbo, sorry to hear about your op, and hope your doing ok and thank you, there is no rush so not to worry, make sure you get better first x x

Comment

I've just read on the "case handler's" site that the appeal was lost.

It's not really a shame, it's more a lesson for the case handler to study law. Had she done so they'd have known that they cannot appeal a won judgment for the "good of the consumer"....

One wonders if they'll be silly enough to waste many thousands trying for a CoA..?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I was just about to post saying we should get the outcome tomorrow, I could have sworn it was scheduled for 31st. But bummer, that sucks, it would have been nice to have an "easy-ride" in getting at least some of my money back.. Is this probably a lost cause now then or is there still a glimmer of hope?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow2981 View Post
              I was just about to post saying we should get the outcome tomorrow, I could have sworn it was scheduled for 31st. But bummer, that sucks, it would have been nice to have an "easy-ride" in getting at least some of my money back.. Is this probably a lost cause now then or is there still a glimmer of hope?
              Thing is mate they never had any prospect of success, it looked like the case was pushed forward solely to boost an unqualified persons ego - for no other reason.

Of course if they'd considered the fact that they had already won their case then we'd not be here now discussing it, but we are. There is no glimmer of hope mate, there never was. Thing is people need to realise that fighting for the greater cause means giving things up, not craving glory / money. Going public with silly interviews and photo's has just showed them for what they really are, the judge would have seen the same press as we all did. I totally agree on the original judgment but it was an exclusive set of circumstances relevant to that specific individual - there are too many variables to consider anything else hence there was never going to be a victory here - if they want to waste thousands going to CoA then I'll have little sympathy.

The debtor won, that is all that matters. That may not help you, as you seem to think - but then again it might just do that. Carey for instance helps because although the debtor lost it clarified what should be provided in response to s.78 requests. The same applies with this judgment, if you're in financial hardship and your bank treat you similarly to Oli Foster-Burnell, then you *might* be able to use this case as persuasion - that's about it.

But remember SOME persuasion is better than NO persuasion.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well I guess there is no harm in trying/exhausting the available and free options and seeing a lady luck is smiling at me...

Comment

Indeed mate, no harm trying at all - it was only their ridiculous appeal that lost - the main judgment stands and so do the persuasive points raised within it.

Comment

I'm no lawyer, but I thought it was a long shot - although I can see the point in seizing the opportunity to make the ruling caselaw. I'd be interested to see if they do go to CoA, as it is potentially worth millions in charges claimants' money - but they'll ovbviously need something a lot bigger, better and stronger than they have so far. I do believe it is possible for LB to get funding - but not sure if something as huge as a CoA case could be funded. I would guess that Tom Brennan would do his best to keep his costs down for them.

What I think we are left with now is simply the ability to quote the Foster-Burnell win, and to use as much of his argument as possible. If we can fashion our claims to look very similar to F-B's, and also keep it in Small Claims to avoid too much risk of costs - then it still seems worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X