GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Judicial Review updates - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judicial Review updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Judicial Review updates

Cheers for posting the whole lot up Niddy , I should have done that in the first place shouldn't I of? LOL.

Well they have 21 days and whatever happens they will drag it out either way.

Seems Lloyds and Halifax (although they are the same group now) have updated their complaint procedures on their website, since the outcome of today.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/payment_pro...complaints.asp

Payment Protection Insurance Complaints

We’re sorry you have a complaint about Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), but we’re committed to making the journey as easy as possible.
    It’s easy for you to complain to us directly so you don’t need to use a Claims Management Company (CMC) who will typically charge an up front fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. We assess complaints sent directly to us in exactly the same way that we treat complaints from a Claims Management Company, so by coming direct you will not be disadvantaged.
    Here's what you need to do:
    1. Call or write to us
      At LloydsTSB we are committed to making it as easy as possible to resolve your complaint. We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you directly so your concerns can be resolved as quickly as possible. You can call us on 08453 005599, our dedicated number for PPI complaints or write to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.
    2. Download and complete a PPI Consumer Questionnaire Form
      If you decide you want to proceed with your complaint, download the
      PPI Consumer Questionnaire and fill in the details of your case. Filling in a PPI Consumer Questionnaire from the Financial Ombudsman Service helps us process your complaint as efficiently as possible.
    3. Send it in
      Send the PPI Questionnaire to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.We are committed to resolving complaints. We have employed additional new members of staff to help customers with their queries about PPI policies.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a complaint about the way that my PPI was sold?
    If you have a query about the way that your PPI was sold you can ring a dedicated telephone line for PPI customers.
    08453 005599
    If you prefer to write the address for correspondence is:
    Lloyds TSB
    Tredegar Park
    Newport
    NP10 8SB

If you are dissatisfied with our response and you wish to make a complaint please click the link below which will take you to the Financial Ombudsman Service website. This includes details of how to make a complaint and provides a questionnaire for you to complete. By filling out the FOS PPI Questionnaire we will have all of the information we need to assess your complaint. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...notes/ppi.html
    We encourage our customers to talk to us about PPI
    • We are best placed to deal with any queries our customers have about their PPI policy
    • Rather than talk to a CMC, you can find all of the information you need about raising a complaint about PPI on this page. You will receive exactly the same service by coming to us direct as you would from going through a CMC
    • The easiest way to raise a query about a PPI policy is to complete a
      PPI Consumer Questionnaire. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.
    What does the outcome of the Judicial Review mean for my PPI Complaint?
    The Court has now delivered its judgment on the Judicial Review of rules governing Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) sales-related complaints. The Parties to the legal proceedings may now consider whether they wish to appeal the decision.
    We will be providing updated information on our customer websites setting out our position, what the judgment means for customers and what will happen next as soon as we can.
    Both we and the BBA want this matter resolved as quickly as possible for the benefit of our customers and we are actively engaged with the FSA and FOS.
    In the meantime, we will continue to deal with customer enquiries and complaints and have employed additional staff to manage customers’ queries about their PPI policies.
    My previous complaint was not upheld but I wish to complain again based on the outcome of the Judicial Review.
    Please refer to your final decision letter for the options available to you if you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint.
    I want to make a complaint about the way my PPI policy was sold. Can I still do so?
    Yes. We will take the details of your complaint and this will be progressed by our customer service team. You can find their contact details above.
    I want to make a claim on my PPI policy. Can I still do so?
    Yes. The judicial review has no impact on your right to make a claim on your PPI policy because you have had an accident or are ill, or are suffering from another insured event.
    I want to make a complaint about the way that you assessed a claim under my PPI policy – can I still do so?
    Yes, you can complain about the way we assessed your claim. The outcome of the judicial review has no impact on your right to complain.
    We encourage our customers to talk to us about PPI
    • We are best placed to deal with any queries our customers have about their PPI policy
    • Rather than talk to a CMC, you can find all of the information you need about raising a complaint about PPI on our website. You will receive exactly the same service by coming to us direct as you would from going through a CMC
    • The easiest way to raise a query about a PPI policy is to complete a
      PPI Consumer Questionnaire. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.
    What will happen after I have made a complaint?
    Once we have received your complaint we will assess it as soon as possible. If after eight weeks we have not managed to resolve your complaint we will send you a further letter updating you as to your options. However if you are advised that your complaint is impacted by the Judicial Review we may not be able to deal with your complaint until the legal proceedings have been concluded, including any possible appeal.
    What is this Ex-Gratia letter I have received?
    If you have received an Ex-Gratia letter, then this offers you the chance to settle your complaint more quickly and without having to wait for the outcome of the Judicial Review, including any possible appeal.
    I have received a letter telling me about BBA/FOS. I don’t understand it.
    We have sent some of our customers a letter explaining how the Judicial Review has impacted on how we handle PPI sales-related complaints and how we may only be able to assess their complaint once the legal proceedings are concluded, including any possible appeal.
    Once the standards that should be applied to PPI sales-related complaint handling have been clarified, any outstanding complaints will be reviewed. In line with our complaint handling policy we will assess your PPI complaint and will provide compensation, including the backdating of interest and payments, where appropriate.
    Why is the BBA challenging the FSA & FOS?
    The challenge has been brought because the British Bankers’ Association (BBA) is concerned that the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) are changing their rules retrospectively, by applying new standards to past sales.
    I heard in the media that the Group has received thousands of complaints about PPI sales. Is that why you have decided to challenge the rules?
    No, the case is being brought by the British Bankers’ Association. We take complaints very seriously and are committed to handling them in a fair and consistent manner. The action is being taken because the BBA is concerned that the FSA and FOS are changing the rules retrospectively, by applying new standards to past sales.
    How long will the process take?
    The BBA is continuing to work with the FSA and FOS and hopes to resolve the matter quickly to give banks and customers the clarity they need. However we may only be able to assess your complaint once this review is concluded, including any possible appeal.
    We will be providing updated information on our customer websites setting out our position, what the judgment means for customers and what will happen next as soon as we can.
    We and the BBA want this matter resolved as quickly as possible for the benefit of our customers and we are actively engaged with the FSA and FOS.
    In the meantime, we will continue to deal with customer enquiries and complaints. We have employed additional staff to manage customers’ queries about their PPI policies.
    Why is the BBA challenging customers’ right to compensation if they have been mis-sold PPI?
    By bringing this action, the BBA is not challenging customers’ right to complain, nor their entitlement to compensation. The BBA is seeking clarity on which rules apply to sales made in the past.
    You have made an offer to refund my PPI policy premium. Will that offer change now?
    No. We will stand by any offer to settle a complaint that has already been made to you or a third party acting on your behalf.
    I have already made a complaint but I haven’t been told whether you will refund my PPI policy premium. What will happen now?
    We wish to handle and resolve all complaints quickly and to the satisfaction of our customers. However we may only be able to assess your complaint once the Judicial Review has been concluded, including any possible appeal.
    We and the BBA want this matter resolved as quickly as possible for the benefit of our customers and we are actively engaged with the FSA and FOS.
    In the meantime, we will continue to deal with customer enquiries and complaints. We have employed additional staff to manage customers’ queries about their PPI policies.
    What will happen to unresolved complaints?
    We wish to handle and resolve all complaints quickly and to the satisfaction of our customers.
    Once the standards that should be applied to PPI sales-related complaint handling have been clarified, any outstanding complaints will be fully assessed. In line with our complaint handling policy we will assess your PPI complaint and will provide compensation, including the backdating of interest and payments, where appropriate.
    Will I be compensated for any delays?
    We take all complaints very seriously and are committed to handling them on a fair and consistent basis. Once the standards that should be applied to PPI sales-related complaint handling have been clarified, any outstanding complaints will be fully assessed. In line with our complaint handling policy we will assess your PPI complaint and will provide compensation, including the backdating of interest and payments, where appropriate.
    I am experiencing financial difficulties – I have been told by the FOS that you have to deal with my complaint because of this, when will you complete your investigation into my complaint?
    We will treat customers in financial hardship sympathetically. We look at each individual on a case by case basis and we have a range of measures in place to help customers. However it should be noted that we may still be unable to determine an outcome of your complaint until the Judicial Review is concluded, including any possible appeal. Details of how to contact us can be found at the top of this page.
    Are you adopting PS10/12? These are the rules governing the handling of customer complaints relating to the sale of PPI policies.
    All complaints are being assessed under the new FSA Policy Statement. However, where the outcome may be affected by the judicial review, we may be unable to consider the case in full until the Judicial Review is concluded.
    Can I still refer my complaints to the FOS?
    Yes. Your rights are unchanged.
    Can I still buy PPI from you?
    No. In July 2010 we announced that we would no longer sell our range of PPI to personal and business customers.

Comment

The banks have got away with so much and everything else so far!

I am praying they won't appeal, but of course they will, even if they know they don't have a chance of winning, they will do it anyway.

And they have the cheek to comment that they do not want to disadvantage customers!
      Wake up BBA/Banks!

I want to send a letter, Niddy your fab at letters, ideas please lol.
      Last edited by di30; 21 April 2011, 22:17.

Comment

In regards of my above post, where I have mentioned a letter, I did also mention this over LB as well, not sure if it will be worth it but we have to fight our battles these days and its only right that we have our say.
        I have not long posted this suggestion there, and not sure what peeps will think, but I'm game.

The letter should be forwarded to all parties involved, FSA/FOS/BBA even the courts before it go to a possible appeal.
        We have to speak up for all that are affected on this matter!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry
          Thats true however FOS are currently awarding 80% of PPI claims and its only pennies to the BBB brigade (Big Buck Bankers) they could pay it out their bonus lol
          LOL so true Gerry they have more than enough to go around everyone .

Comment

Its great to see the fight back in my wee pal good on ye honey. Go get them scallywag, I'll reserve a ringside seat to cheer you on.

Gerry x x x

Aww thank you honey XXXX

Comment

The issue is here, the complaints are mounting up on top of the so many thousands by the week, even though the FOS are upholding, they complainants are still having to wait for redress.
              Even though there is no waiver in place by the FSA, they expect banks to get on with the complaints, but they are refusing and awaiting if there will be an appeal, so the BBA have until the 10 May 2011 to decide.

Going by the judgement, the judge dismissed each one of the cases, and the banks will now look at this and see what they can raise from this outcome.
              In my opinion going by the judgement, the BBA should not have a hope in hell, but they will try.
              The waiting will again stall them continuing with complaints.

Comment

Its the truth I felt really proud of you reading your posts. :hero:You always bounce back scallywag, your a wee star.

Gerry x x x

Thank you sweetheart. I am trying XxX

Comment

Working...
                X