GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Card Protection Policies (CPP) - We're STILL Being Scammed !!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Protection Policies (CPP) - We're STILL Being Scammed !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Card Protection Policies (CPP) - We're STILL Being Scammed !!!

Sorry, the link doesn't work!?

Hopefully this link will?
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cre...ard-protection
    Last edited by Angry Cat; 9 March 2015, 10:01.

Comment

Just a quick update on my Tesco/Sentinel claim:
      Tesco have agreed to repay my premiums + simple interest made from 1999 - 2002. Not a lot of monies but money that was due to me via their mis-selling of the Sentinel Card Protection:

Tesco, agreed:
      I have reviewed your concerns and the information we hold from when you added the Affinion Card Security policy to your Credit Card. I have been unable to confirm that sufficient information was provided to you when the policy was added."

I still hold all the original paperwork, including the original Sentinel policy and the Tesco CC application form...

Hopefully, other peeps will re-claim their mis-sold Card Protection too; many sadly will not!

Comment

Well done AC - that was a long battle, wasn't it ?

Will you now be considering reclaiming the associated account interest on the premiums from TPF ? This could amount to quite a lot more than what you have been refunded already.

Comment

Well done AC, gives us all hope of reclaiming back to inception as it was a mis sold product and the credit card/banks were aware of what they were doing was wrong and did not think that 2015 in this IT world that people would become more savvy on the computers and find out their rights.

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
          Just a quick update on my Tesco/Sentinel claim:
          Tesco have agreed to repay my premiums + simple interest made from 1999 - 2002. Not a lot of monies but money that was due to me via their mis-selling of the Sentinel Card Protection:

Tesco, agreed:
          I have reviewed your concerns and the information we hold from when you added the Affinion Card Security policy to your Credit Card. I have been unable to confirm that sufficient information was provided to you when the policy was added."

I still hold all the original paperwork, including the original Sentinel policy and the Tesco CC application form...

Hopefully, other peeps will re-claim their mis-sold Card Protection too; many sadly will not!
          My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

As I have said and illustrated, the actual CPP premiums are often likely to be a tiny fraction of the money that CPP victims were ripped off by. Claimants have been offered as little as one-tenth of what should be the fair and proper redress due to victims of the scam - and the FCA have stood by and let it happen !!! The ability to reclaim the huge amounts of CPP-associated account interest which the victims of CPP mis-selling were charged by the lenders themselves is what the FCA are effectively depriving claimants of, with these dodgy 'Schemes of Arrangement' they are cooking up with their paymasters the banks.

Returning briefly to my own claim with CapOne, Rachael Cornfield - the alleged Head of CapOne's 'Executive Response Centre' has failed to respond to my earlier detailed letter within the 8 weeks she promised - and has likewise failed to respond to my reminder of this. After 13 weeks of silence, they are clearly avoiding the issue and are hoping I will go away and die - so I have sent another reminder that I'm still waiting for a sensible response to this issue.

TBVH, I am astounded at the apparent inability of major forums such as MSE, CAG, LB & AAD to understand the sheer size of this abdication of corporate responsibility, along with what is a clear involvement of the FCA in engineering it. As far as I can make out, only a mere handful of the many millions of scammed CPP claimants seem to have any idea of the size of this scam that is still being perpetrated by the FCA and the banks.
            Last edited by Bill-K; 7 April 2015, 00:04.

Comment

Gosh Bill, no wonder they do not want to answer you as they are dead scared that if they agree to your claim that the masses will find out and it will be a gold rush. It might even stop the highest paid getting their big bonuses.

Whilst sorting out some paperwork over Easter I have found several Sentinel terms and conditions and paperwork going back many years. I will gather them all up now and start to get my file going, and start the letter writing. SAR first though to both Barclaycard and I think to Sentinel Gold.

Something else that I spotted on the work front as well was that one of the company Barclay cards always has an annual fee of £32, surely that sounds exactly the same as the Sentinel scam.

Keep at it Bill, Cap One with the credit card charges always weakened at the last moment and paid out and never went to court. I know that Budgie I think you will remember him also went down the line with CAPONE to reclaim his charges with compounded interest, he would never discuss what he finally got paid out as he was held to silence.

You will win Bill.
              Tutts xxx

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
              As I have said and illustrated, the actual CPP premiums are often likely to be a tiny fraction of the money that CPP victims were ripped off by. Claimants have been offered as little as one-tenth of what should be the fair and proper redress due to victims of the scam - and the FCA have stood by and let it happen !!! The ability to reclaim the huge amounts of CPP-associated account interest which the victims of CPP mis-selling were charged by the lenders themselves is what the FCA are effectively depriving claimants of, with these dodgy 'Schemes of Arrangement' they are cooking up with their paymasters the banks.

Returning briefly to my own claim with CapOne, Rachael Cornfield - the alleged Head of CapOne's 'Executive Response Centre' has failed to respond to my earlier detailed letter within the 8 weeks she promised - and has likewise failed to respond to my reminder of this. After 13 weeks of silence, they are clearly avoiding the issue and are hoping I will go away and die - so I have sent another reminder that I'm still waiting for a sensible response to this issue.

TBVH, I am astounded at the apparent inability of major forums such as MSE, CAG, LB & AAD to understand the sheer size of this abdication of corporate responsibility, along with what is a clear involvement of the FCA in engineering it. As far as I can make out, only a mere handful of the many millions of scammed CPP claimants seem to have any idea of the size of this scam that is still being perpetrated by the FCA and the banks.
              My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Bill, last I knew you were waiting to see what your group wanted - we have already offered to help you out - however we were awaiting a response from you to clarify what it was you wanted and what help you needed.

CPP / Sentinel style refunds is big, that much I don't deny, but you were leading this so it would be wrong to try and jump in, hence we were waiting for an update from you mate...

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tuttsi View Post
                  Gosh Bill, no wonder they do not want to answer you as they are dead scared that if they agree to your claim that the masses will find out and it will be a gold rush. It might even stop the highest paid getting their big bonuses.

Whilst sorting out some paperwork over Easter I have found several Sentinel terms and conditions and paperwork going back many years. I will gather them all up now and start to get my file going, and start the letter writing. SAR first though to both Barclaycard and I think to Sentinel Gold.

Something else that I spotted on the work front as well was that one of the company Barclay cards always has an annual fee of £32, surely that sounds exactly the same as the Sentinel scam.

Keep at it Bill, Cap One with the credit card charges always weakened at the last moment and paid out and never went to court. I know that Budgie I think you will remember him also went down the line with CAPONE to reclaim his charges with compounded interest, he would never discuss what he finally got paid out as he was held to silence.

You will win Bill.
                  Tutts xxx
                  Good for you Tuttsi! As you know, I hold the Sentinel policy docs from 1999...
                  Go for it reclaim the premiums plus interest that is owed to you; many will not reclaim but should do.

We are now in process of reclaiming monies owed by CPP, these run from 2001 through 2007. The pre January 2005 premiums will probably have to be reclaimed from the original creditor/intermediary EGG.
                  But we are looking at reclaiming the associated account interest on same too...

Please note that Egg (now Citi/Canada Square Operations) did not make any contact with the complainant; they failed to send the require letter about the "Scheme".
                  And I bet my bottom $dollar that many will not have done so either.
                  What a scam; disgraceful.

Comment

Well done AC - that was a long battle, wasn't it ?

Will you now be considering reclaiming the associated account interest on the premiums from TPF ? This could amount to quite a lot more than what you have been refunded already.
                    Yes Bill, it was and;
                    Yes Bill I will!!
                    X

Comment

Originally posted by Tuttsi View Post
                      This is why I am not expecting a capitulation by CapOne without quite a fight - and as you say, if one lender pays up, that will open a massive pair of flood gates, I believe.
                      Remember that they will probably only send data from the past 6 years, but it is earlier data than this that you will probably find the most valuable. This is why I suggested that peeps wrote directly to CPP Ltd., asking for further details after they had received their refund under the 'Scheme.' In my case, CPP sent a complete list of all premiums - even though they only refunded premiums paid after 14/01/05. This was all the info I needed to reclaim those pre-2005 premiums from the card provider CapOne, and to estimate approx. how much CPP-associated account interest CapOne had charged. But you may still get some useful additional data from DSAR's, so perhaps still worth investing £10 or £20.
                      Not sure about that, Tuttsi - as I believe card providers did charge annual fees for a while - so it may be a legit. fee. But if in doubt, then claim it - and leave Sharklaycard to dispute it if they can. Nothing ventured - nothing gained.
                      Thanks for that encouragement, Tuttsi - and yes, I recall Budgie winning his claim in LB. I will say this - I have been silenced by 2 forums so far, but unless I am offered something huge to keep my gob shut - I won't shut it.
                      You will win Bill.
                      Not on my own, but this is beginning to get some backing, I believe. The principle can be difficult for many or most peeps to grasp, but because this scam is been so cleverly concealed by the 'Schemes of Arrangement' being cooked up - it needs to be made as public as possible, I reckon.
                      Tutts xxx
                      XXX !
                      Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Bill, last I knew you were waiting to see what your group wanted - we have already offered to help you out - however we were awaiting a response from you to clarify what it was you wanted and what help you needed.
                      Niddy, I must apologise profusely for causing confusion - and perhaps offence - as I do tend to rabbit on a bit if I get excited !!! You have indeed offered to help with the MBNA PPI 'campaign' that our little group has been waging - and I hope that is still 'on the table.' As with any group of campaigners, there are differences of opinion and aspiration - and the MBNA 'fan club' is still unsure of the next step to take. I have to admit that if I lead the group at all, I lead it from the rear - as I do not have a MBNA claim of my own to make, and I am merely the provider of the underground bunker and do a bit of maths.

But last time we PM'd/emailed, you had a bunch of stuff to deal with, and I think what I failed to make clear then was that this CPP scam is entirely separate from the MBNA debácle. I (WE !!!) had hoped to get the MBNA scam nailed by now, and I had intended to launch my 'CPP offensive' as my 'follow-up single' !!! But events overtook us, and my own efforts at navigating the uncharted territory of the original FCA/CPP Ltd. 'Scheme' needed to be posted up outside of the 'Area 51 bunker.' So - this thread is CPP-devoted - whilst the MBNA party-goers take a pee-break.

CPP / Sentinel style refunds is big, that much I don't deny, but you were leading this so it would be wrong to try and jump in, hence we were waiting for an update from you mate...
                      Again - crossed lines - and I guess I was piling too much stuff on you at a difficult time, guv'nor. I'm glad that you can see the size of the CPP/AI problem (as the Bishop said to his doctor)

I think I owe you quite a few beers by now !!!
                      Good for you Tuttsi! As you know, I hold the Sentinel policy docs from 1999...
                      Go for it reclaim the premiums plus interest that is owed to you; many will not reclaim but should do.
                      Indeedy - get that claim under way, Tuttsi !!!
                      We are now in process of reclaiming monies owed by CPP, these run from 2001 through 2007. The pre January 2005 premiums will probably have to be reclaimed from the original creditor/intermediary EGG.
                      But we are looking at reclaiming the associated account interest on same too...
                      That's good to know, AC. You seem to have a good 'handle' on this.
                      Please note that Egg (now Citi/Canada Square Operations) did not make any contact with the complainant; they failed to send the require letter about the "Scheme".
                      And I bet my bottom $dollar that many will not have done so either.
                      What a scam; disgraceful.
                      I believe it was CPP Ltd's responsibility to 'pro-actively' contact all policyholders in their records, and I daresay they probably sent voting & claim forms to very many who had since moved address. Many/most of these would probably have been binned, leaving the CPP victims unaware. This is perhaps yet another aspect of the cleverly-engineered scam, whereby the card providers failed to notify CPP Ltd. of the changes of address - and are now benefitting from that failure. I don't think it could be argued that this notification was the customers' responsibility - so I believe that such claims should be allowed under 'Exceptional Circumstances.'
                      Yes Bill, it was and;
                      Yes Bill I will!!
                      X
                      LOL - I have never known you to be so submissive, AC !!! I'm just going for a cup of tea and a lie-down...!
                      Last edited by Bill-K; 7 April 2015, 22:32.

Comment

Bill, if a DSAR is sent surely one can request back to inception the original paperwork, as most of us who claimed bank and credit card charges did?

I never as far as I can see that I applied for Sentinel Gold so it would be interesting to see the paperwork that I presumably signed for this ridiculous cover. Now Sentinel Gold I never not dealt directly with it was only through MasterCard that the annual money was taken from me.

So Bill do you think a DSAR to both or just MasterCard as they took the money?

About people moving the actual card company would have the new addresses unless peeps have popped off. So one would hope that with some media attention when this blows up we can make peeps aware that may not have been aware.

Comment

A SAR is just that. A request for ALL data held about you, the Data Subject. No need to request anything from inception. That's what must be sent.

A DSAR is banking terminology. It's a SAR.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

DSAR was Bills terminology, I believed it meant the same thing. At the end of the all my data is what is needed. So will get that sorted next weekend. Do we have any template SAR's on here Niddy, not exactly to copy but to get all the facts in the letter down. I will obviously put my own spin on it.

Comment

You can access the advanced SAR in AAD+ in this section -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post489188
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have always used the DSAR abbrevo since my penalty charge reclaiming days, as DSAR's are made pursuant to the Data Protection Act (DPA) - which I believe defines a 'Data Subject' as the person (or entity) whose data is being stored and/or processed by a firm or organisation - but many peeps seemed to think that the 'Subject' was the data itself, which led to confusion occasionally when discussing these in the forums. DSAR stands for 'Data Subject Access Request,' which is a 'Request' by the 'Data Subject' (ie. us) for 'Access' to our records (and therefore our data). I guess it's simply a matter of preference - whatever it takes to get the job done.

I agree that a DSAR is a formal and lawful request for all data held 'in a relevant filing system,' which pertains to the Data Subject - and to withold any such data is a breach of the DPA. However, it has been quite clear over the years that lenders have tried various ways of 'losing' data to avoid sending it out. Abuse (or 'misunderstanding') of the 'relevant filing system' clause is one of these, but I believe that lenders have generally now fallen back on another part of the DPA which stipulates that if there is no longer any reason to hold certain items of data, then it must be safely destroyed. They then fall back on the Limitation Act to support their apparent 'destruction' of data older than 6 years on the grounds that it no longer has any purpose. When challenged to produce proof of its destruction, they then claim that such info cannot be disclosed as it may be 'commercially sensitive,' etc., etc., etc.

So - in my meagre experience - we rarely see DSAR data older than 6 years, and we rarely manage to get it if we ask for it - because it is almost impossible to prove that a bank still has data which it denies holding. This is where we sometimes have to work 'off-piste,' and get our info from other sources (such as CPP Ltd. or AI in this case.) Another angle (which I believe Angry Cat may have experience of) is the Money-Laundering Regulations - and it is possible that these stipulate that data must be kept for longer than 6 years. So - although under the DPA we have a right of access to all our data - this right is not guaranteed to be upheld by either the banks or the ICO any more than our right to fair and lawful conduct by the banks has been.

Thanks to Deepie for posting the SAR link, which I have not checked out. FWIW, I use this paragraph in any DSAR's I suggest - it still doesn't guarantee a better result, but it puts them on notice that they are under scrutiny:-
                                " Please be aware that the Data Protection Act 1998 clearly states that all information held must be disclosed and there is no correlation to the Limitation Act 1980 whatsoever. This request therefore lawfully includes any and all data which is older than six years. If you do not hold any data older than 6 years, then we require a signed declaration from your data controller confirming this, and a copy of all documents pertaining to its proper and safe disposal. "
                                ...And I apologise for grammatical errors. I believe that 'Data' is the plural of the term 'Datum' - and should therefore be expressed as 'those data,' and 'data which are older than 6 years,' etc. But 'Data' is a 'live' English word which comes from the dead language of Latin, and seems to be 'evolving' into a 'collective' term. Perhaps a bit like the word '$h1t,' which I guess can be seen as a somewhat downmarket version of the term 'data' - it can be a verb, a singular noun, or a collective term - ie., to do one, to be one, or just to be generally full of the stuff. I just needed to clear that blockage...
                                Last edited by Bill-K; 8 April 2015, 22:10. Reason: Excremental observation

Comment

Working...
                                X