GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GE Money PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Money PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GE Money PPI

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Okey dokey.
    No the Underwriter is usually recommended by the FOS if for example, the business you originally complained to were not regulated by the FSA at the time of when you taken out your policy, so I assume your's must have been regulated in order for GE to direct you to the FOS in order for them to review and investigate.
    So if this is the case, if it now also fails with the CEO, I would then go to the FOS, hopefully the CEO will get this overturned for you.

Basically, when you email the CEO, you enclose a copy of your complaint if you still have this, or otherwise state your reasons for why you put in a complaint, and the copy of the rejection letter.
    You then go on to say you are giving them the opportunity to have a final review on the matter, before making the decision to take your complaint to the FOS.
    You say in regards of the rejection letter from his complaints team that you are most disappointed to have had your PPI complaint rejected by a well known respectable company, and you feel badly let down as you provided them with a genuine complaint, as you are aware you had reasons to raise this upon them to request for a refund, say you will appreciate having this matter reviewed for one final time and to come back with a decision by 14 days.

(Add any further info), you need to state your disappointment and felt it was important to raise this with them (CEO), you also need to clarify that you have only recently became of the mis selling scandal which made you check paperwork you still held, and your not happy with also being informed that you should have raised this up with them over 3 years ago. You do not find this is fair is its only recently you had learnt of this scandal....

Hope this gives you an idea, let me know
    Okay am referring back to this post as well to make it a little easier and that nothing is missed lol but below is a letter that you can use/add/tweak extra information, its just basic and simple really, so do feel free to change it round etc lol.

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................

For the attention of (CEO) Name

Loan Account Number xxxxxxxx
    Complaints Ref Number xxxxxxxx

I am writing to you in regards of a complaint I made to your complaints department to make a reclaim on my Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) on xx/xx/2014 and received the final decision on letter dated xx/xx/2014.

I am disappointed with the outcome of my complaint to have it rejected despite my genuine reasons for why I made the complaint, I feel the complaints department underestimated it and did not seriously consider my reasons and rejected with a poor reasons for their decision.
    As a well known respectable business I expected my complaint to be dealt with - with a professional manner, for one being told that I should have known over 3 years ago and to have raised this complaint then. But my point is that " I was not aware of the mis selling scandal back then and have only recently became aware of it, with that I raised this up recently", however I do not agree, as its actually 6 years after you became aware and not 3", your complaints department should be clear of this rule.
    I do not recall on receiving "any" information in the post in 2006, can any of this be proved in concrete evidence that I literally received information about the insurance expiring! I have also researched and found information that these type of policies are no longer sold, because they are "frowned upon" by the FSA/FOS etc, as it seems it will not cover for the life of the loan, yet still paying for the cover, it's so costly and unfair to Consumers, where these were only sold in the interest of the staff and "not the Customer of the policy".
    If I had known then, then of course I would have raised this up sooner rather than later, but still believe I am in my rights to request for a refund on all my premiums paid for the PPI, plus relevant interest.

I have attached my information in relation of my complaint and the copy of the rejection letter received, and am requesting a review by 14 days, if I hear nothing, or if your decision is unchanged or not overturned in my favour, I will be considering further action.
    I have been informed that I am able to complain to the Finanical Ombudsman Service (FOS) but being lenient I am giving your business the opportunity to revisit my complaint and reconsider, despite receiving a final decision but do feel my full reasons to my complaint have been missed/overlooked.

I hope your able to reconsider, as a respectable business I hope you will reconsider and overturn my complaint to avoid me taking this matter further.

Yours sincerely

(Print Name).

Comment

That part is mean to be "Still paying for the cover for the life of the loan".

(Not that you still paying for the cover now) x

Comment

Thanks for this Di, still feeling a little dazed so will attack this one on Monday!
        Ken, have posted the breakdown on my other thread - would be interested for your thoughts.
        cheers

Comment

Just a quick update I have sent the letter to GE money as suggested by Di above to the 2 email addresses supplied. Here's to waiting again!!

Comment

Well, I have received the following reply today from GE money, so at least I know that the email found its way to the right people:
            Dear
            Thank you for your e-mail sent to the Chief Executive Officer of GE Money Home Lending, Mr Bernard van Bunnik, and the President and CEO of GE Capital UK and Ireland, Mr Mark Elborne.

We are sorry to read of your concerns and can confirm we will now start our investigation into points you have raised. We aim to resolve your complaint fairly and as quickly as possible, completing our investigation and informing you of our findings before 21 April 2014. This is eight weeks from the date we received your complaint.

I shall now wait and see what comes of this.

Comment

Ooh fingers crossed x

Comment

Just a quick update, thanks to the letters posted here, I have today rang and chased the decision and was told that it has been upheld and should be getting back just under £1500.00.
                Result - thanks to everyone on here, your support is so amazing!! xx

Comment

Originally posted by tjperfick View Post
                  Just a quick update, thanks to the letters posted here, I have today rang and chased the decision and was told that it has been upheld and should be getting back just under £1500.00.
                  Result - thanks to everyone on here, your support is so amazing!! xx
                  I'm so pleased for you tiperfick, I do love good news on AAD.....it really does make my day!!

Bestest
                  IF
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Excellent!!! well done to you!! I love great news like this too, its made my day Xx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Excellent!!! well done to you!! I love great news like this too, its made my day Xx

Made mine too!!
                      was your letter that I sent, so well done you as well!!

Comment

Well done everyone, really pleased for you tjperfick!
                        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tjperfick View Post
                          Made mine too!!
                          was your letter that I sent, so well done you as well!!
                          That's good to know aww thank you XX So happy for you x

Comment

Working...
                          X