GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with a reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with a reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with a reclaim

Sorry guys, just before i send my letter, should i enclose a cheque? If so, for how much?

Comment

Rachel

Follow Di30's advice on post 9. Remember she is saying copy to the manager so seemingly two letters.

No cheque in these. Its not an information request.

Good luck

Comment

Ok. letter has been written following Di's advice. I cant find out who the manager is.... There is a million and one directors, executive, non executive :/

Comment

I would await Di30 to advise which manager she meant.

When I had problems with Santander I wrote to Ana Botin CEO.

Got results but not sure Di meant that high up

That said the second letter was a blatant incompetent template letter which bore no relation to an account started in 2009 and ended in 2011.

Comment

He hee, maybe i should send to all of them

Ok, il wait for Di to advise. Thanks again guys xxx

Comment

Hiya
              Sorry I should have been more clear, Manager can also mean Chief Executive officer (CEO) and Santander should give you details of the name of Manager or CEO address etc.

Send a copy of the letter to the above as well as the team you received the letter from as shown on your letter.

However, I assume the address will be the same, so by writing back to both as stated, write To the Manager.

Hope that makes sense. x

Comment

Mrs Ana Patricia Botin
                CEO Santander Bank UK
                2 Triton Square
                Regents Place
                London
                NW1 3AN.

If you decide to go right to the top

Comment

Letters printed.

Cc - Steve Pateman - Exec director - head of UK banking
                  Cc - Mrs Ana Patricia Botin

Comment

Why go for the monkey when the organ grinders will do.

Like your style.

Keep us updated

Comment

Hey all, i have had a reply from santander! I only sent the letters a couple of weeks ago. Seems going to the person at the top does get you answers......

Anyway.... So i wrote to them as advised by the very helpful Dizzy Di.....

They have wrote back. It seems i have had 2 purchases on loan using santander. 1 was with Currys and the other was with Comet.

See attachements.

The Currys purchase, my argument is that i was told that in order to be eligible for the purchase i would need to take out ppi and that without it, i could not make the purchase. This is misseling is it not?
                      Last edited by Rachelmstvl; 5 May 2013, 20:12.

Comment

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Rachelmstvl; 5 May 2013, 20:05.

Comment

Oops - correct way up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1393950

Comment

Name:	Scan1.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1393952

Name:	Scan2.jpg
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1393954

Comment

Think we need to rewind on this.

From the thread you say in post one its a Curry's account from 2009 which they admit PPI was added.

But the replies you have got back are saying it was a Comet account in 2009 which didnt have PPI.

But you did have a Currys account from 2001 which did have PPI. Have they paid up for this? Doesnt appear so from the letter. Was it front loaded PPI?

Do you have a copy of the first letter where they admit PPI was on a Curry's account from 2009?.

All very strange.

Comment

Hey Ken, im actually soooo confused! Santander have confused the life out of me!

OK, il start from the beginning.

Wrote to santander asking for details of my loan agreement (it wasnt a sars request and i never sent any money) for my fridge/freezer that i got in 2009. I got the start and end dates from my credit expert file.

They responded on 15 Jan saying - the account is closed, no balance required or due and that they are no longer obliged to provide the info BUT that they can confirm that insurance was applied to the account. On the letter they added a reference and account number for the closed account.

I filled out an ombudsmen form using the account number they had put on the letter they sent me.

on 31st Jan, they wrote again saying that due to the length of time which has passed, all data has been removed from their records. They added the same account number as the 15 jan letter and have called it currys account number.

I then wrote a letter of complaint as advised by Di and sent it to the top dogs of santander.

Now for the confusing bit.........................

They sent 2 letters back. 1 dated 25 April and the other dated 1 May (both previously uploaded to this site)

They have confused me by talking about 2 different accounts......

Do you understand or have i confused you more? Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X