GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods Extra Care Insurance - Where to start? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods Extra Care Insurance - Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods Extra Care Insurance - Where to start?

This is my first post, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me somewhere.

I have been racking my brain over this for some time now. I am 98% sure I had this Extra Care on my Littlewoods account many years ago - right back to 2000 till around 2009.
    I fell into arrears and the account was passed to a debt collection agent. I have no paperwork other than the payment book that was provided from the dca but do have my account number.
    I don't like talking on the phone so would like to do it in writing, can I just email them and ask for all of my information or is there an "official" route I need to go down?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I think you need to flesh this out with some history.

What is it you are trying to achieve?
    When did you last make a repayment?
    When was the account passed to a DCA?
    Who is it?
    Are they the new owners, or acting on behalf of the original creditor?
    What correspondence have you been receiving?
    What sort of sum is involved?

Sorry if this seems a lot of questions, but more info is needed in order to get help.

Comment

If the account is still in arrears / active then unless any reclaim would repay the debt it may not be wise doing it at the moment. As above, what is the situation then we'll be able to help better.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for replies.

I want to know how much Extra Care insurance I would have paid on this account and reclaim it.
        The debt is Statute barred and has been for around Four years.
        I last made a payment to Moorcroft back in 2009. I haven't had any correspondence from them.
        The balance was around £4,000.

I hope this gives more insight.

Bethi

Comment

Probably someone more knowledgable will give a response - but even if the account is statute barred that doesn't mean it is dead if there is a balance of 4k outstanding, it only means they cannot enforce it through the courts. I don't think that necessarily means that they could not possibly set off any wrongly paid insurance against the outstanding balance in the event of a reclaim.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethiboo View Post
            I am 98% sure I had this Extra Care on my Littlewoods account many years ago - right back to 2000 till around 2009.
            I fell into arrears and the account was passed to a debt collection agent. I have no paperwork other than the payment book that was provided from the dca but do have my account number.
            I don't like talking on the phone so would like to do it in writing, can I just email them and ask for all of my information or is there an "official" route I need to go down?

Maybe you need to first try to establish whether this debt has been assigned to a debt purchaser if it became 'delinquent' in 2009. That could make a difference to you actually receiving any refund which you may be entitled to.

Have you had letters since 2009 from anyone such as Lowells or Arrow Global who typically buy Littlewoods/Very/Shop Direct catalogue accounts?

If the outstanding balance when you stopped paying was £4k, how much do you calculate you may be owed if you reclaim, and would that figure exceed £4k?

Littlewoods have some information on their website about reclaiming missold insurance here > https://www.littlewoods.com/shopping...-to-claim.page and you can start your claim using their online Questionnaire here > https://common.littlewoods.com/asset...laints-pdf.pdf

There's also some information on the FCA website here > https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/contact-littlewoods

Di

Comment

Thanks Di, all of the above is really what I want to know, I don't recall recieving anything from anyone other than Moorcroft regarding the outstanding balance.
              I want to know how I go about getting this information. Do I send then a sar or will this just be me re-instating/re-issuing the balance owing.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bethiboo View Post
                Thanks Di, all of the above is really what I want to know, I don't recall recieving anything from anyone other than Moorcroft regarding the outstanding balance.
                I want to know how I go about getting this information. Do I send then a sar
                You say that your last payment was to Moorcroft in 2009. So if you’re utterly sure that the debt is now Statute Barred then you can send a SAR to Littlewoods (not Moorcroft).

If you’re not certain it’s SB, then wait until you are.

Di

Comment

Thanks again, I am sure it's SB, there is nothing on any of my credit files from any home shopping.
                  I only have a loan on there (up to date & no defaults ) it's been a long hard slog to finally get there but I'm very near to finally being debt free.

Comment

What information do I need to ask for in my SAR to assertain when Extra Care went on my account?

Comment

all information as per the request letter not bits and pieces they should send all paperwork etc so do not ask specifically as that is all they will send you maybe - no good
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, is there a template I am able to use and do I send it to them recorded delivery?

Comment

So I've sent a GDPR highlighting that I require all information held and that it is a subject access request. Like I say I'm almost sure I had this on my account and can faintly remember being charged ridiculous amounts for it - which was partly the reason I fell into arrears so quickly.
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

As I previously said you need to establish who currently owns the debt before you make a PPI reclaim. That should become clear when you receive your SAR response.

Do you have any other debts from your past which are likely to cause you problems (or have potential PPI) or was this your only one?

Di

Comment

Thanks again Di,

I have nothing on any of my credit files anymore just my most recent loan that I have had no arrears with at all.

I don't have any real problems with past debt as they are all now SB the last one dropped off in February of this year. I have had a letter from Lowell about 6 weeks ago about an OSB of £115.00 on a JD Williams account (which I duly ignored) as it has been SB for over a year. If I receive another I will then send a letter to them.

Thanks

Bethiboo

Comment

Working...
                              X