GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can banks offset PPI refunds against statute bared debts? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can banks offset PPI refunds against statute bared debts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can banks offset PPI refunds against statute bared debts?

Now that my UE credit card is SB and off my credit file, I have been considering reclaiming PPI from Barclays as I had various loans from them over the years plus the Egg credit card would have had PPI. But if they can just offset any refunds against the SB debt, it would be a complete waste of time. Can they do this?

Statute *barred* debts, of course. Not bared.

Comment

if they have been sold on to othet DCA's then they should send you the money.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

*OTHER" not othet
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All the bank loans and mortgages I had with them were paid in full. The only thing I defaulted on was the Egg credit card after Niddy confirmed it was unenforceable. The problems arose when Egg was bought by Barclaycard. They did once attempt to offset the Egg debt against my Barclays current account at one point, but I managed to get it refunded and changed banks sharpish before they could do it again. As I believe Barclaycard sold the Egg cards in bulk to Marlin, then hopefully that puts me in the clear as far as offsets go by the sound of it.

Comment

Working...
          X