GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sainsburys Charges Reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sainsburys Charges Reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sainsburys Charges Reclaim

I think you're getting confused with forums mate. You copied the POC from CAG. That is not the consumer forum.

The consumer forum (CF) is the penalty charges forum.

I would never refer you to CAG as their help is suspect at the best of times and with us all being banned we couldn't intervene.

I'm suggesting IF you opt for court head to penalty charges forum.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Morning All,

Well Salisbury's have sold the account to Cabot while I still have a complaint with FOS.

I would have thought they would at least wait for the outcome of the complaint first as if FOS rule in my favor they are buggered.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
      "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Seems to all fit in with charges reclaims being a boat that has sailed.

I for one think the date of the OFT statement and the dropping to the £12 charges is very relevant.

The biggies are over 6 years old now. They will defend on limitations. So its no longer about how does it cost x to send out a letter its all about why you can claim in the first place.

The £12's no one seems to think you can get back. OFT wont intervene and FOS just follows that view.

The other site has all sorts of wheezes that are sure fire bets to win. Did they ever stop to think that it was all about timing. The banks didnt want to have to explain the big ones so settled to avoid court rulings against. They wriggled as they would because they are banks. But it wasnt all these methods they dreamt up. It was the biggies they didnt want anywhere near a court room.

They paid out on anyone who was pushing all the way because some big ones would still be less than 6 years old and therefore they cant say limitations. It didnt matter if it was just one big one or hundreds. They didnt want any near the court.

The site blathers on about certain cases but no one has won one post summer 2012 using this. Its all pre summer 2012 and when some biggies were not safe for the banks.

But thats all changed this summer. They have an argument why we cant claim any of them back now.

Unless you are a whizz on limitations law and are happy to fight a corporate lawyer and a debt hating judge then the odds have lessened.

Furthermore there is evidence on the self same site of charges reclaims posters suddenly finding themselves on the recieving end of Count Court claims for the full outstanding balance or even SD's.

Suddenly the poster becomes the hunted not the hunter.

The great difference about this site is they dont advocate getting a great big stick and poking the wasp nest. You might sometimes be sorry what comes out.

Just walk away, swot any wasps that chase you and come the winter time the nest will die.

Sainsburys have just shown you exactly what they think of the claim, you, the FOS and anyone else they come across.

Its just being moved so Cabot can take your flak while good old cuddly Jamie Oliver can keep the image up.

Crap I know but the internet warriors wont be the guy thinking wtf happened there.

Comment

I take it then, if fully sold and assigned, as absolute, then the refund should therefore come back to you by rights.

Comment

Evening all,

Thanks for the replies.

I decided not to persue the charges route after post from NID & looking at another well known forum.

Seems alot of people have taken advice and now have the big bad wolf knocking at the door and all the forum members with the good advice have fallen silent.

Still makes me wonder why Martin Lewis is still telling people to reclaim though.

Anyway, getting back to the matter in hand, I was paying Sainsbury’s every month as agreed until my accountant pointed out that I was being taken for a ride and used as a cash cow.

I was paying £100 per month and Sainsbury’s was taking £88 in interest.

Over a 3yr period I had paid Sainsbury’s £3,168 interest alone and yet only paid £432 off the outstanding balance.

It would have taken in the region 20yrs + to clear the outstanding balance and I would of paid in the region of £25K in interest for a £6k debt.

I'd be better off taking my chances with a loan shark or Wonga.

So I tried to do a deal with Sainsburys and almost immediately they sent me 3 INVALID default notices and defaulted my credit file.

They passed the debt their in house monkeys, Blair, Oliver & Scott so I reduced the payment to £1. Nothing to lose as Sainsburys have basically just added another 4 years to my credit shite as the defaults I already have a drop off in 2 years time.

Not that I want credit ever again. Bank allowed the port of our mortgage and we have moved so biggest problem solved.

Went to FOS complaining about the treatment from Sainsbury's and still waiting the outcome.

Then on Saturday morning
            I get a letter advising assigement to Cabot. Both letters in same envelope. One from Sainsburys and one from Cabot.

Cabot have a reputation for being hard arsed when chasing a purchased debt. This is my only worry if I'm honest.

Can't pay more than a £1 as on min wage being self employed nudge nudge wink wink

That's it from me for now. All comments welcome

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
            Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 23 December 2012, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
              Evening all,

Thanks for the replies.

I decided not to persue the charges route after post from NID & looking at another well known forum.

Seems alot of people have taken advice and now have the big bad wolf knocking at the door and all the forum members with the good advice have fallen silent.

Still makes me wonder why Martin Lewis is still telling people to reclaim though.

Anyway, getting back to the matter in hand, I was paying Sainsbury’s every month as agreed until my accountant pointed out that I was being taken for a ride and used as a cash cow.

I was paying £100 per month and Sainsbury’s was taking £88 in interest.

Over a 3yr period I had paid Sainsbury’s £3,168 interest alone and yet only paid £432 off the outstanding balance.

It would have taken in the region 20yrs + to clear the outstanding balance and I would of paid in the region of £25K in interest for a £6k debt.

I'd be better off taking my chances with a loan shark or Wonga.

So I tried to do a deal with Sainsburys and almost immediately they sent me 3 INVALID default notices and defaulted my credit file.

They passed the debt their in house monkeys, Blair, Oliver & Scott so I reduced the payment to £1. Nothing to lose as Sainsburys have basically just added another 4 years to my credit shite as the defaults I already have a drop off in 2 years time.

Not that I want credit ever again. Bank allowed the port of our mortgage and we have moved so biggest problem solved.

Went to FOS complaining about the treatment from Sainsbury's and still waiting the outcome.

Then on Saturday morning
              I get a letter advising assigement to Cabot. Both letters in same envelope. One from Sainsburys and one from Cabot.

Cabot have a reputation for being hard arsed when chasing a purchased debt. This is my only worry if I'm honest.

Can't pay more than a £1 as on min wage being self employed nudge nudge wink wink

That's it from me for now. All comments welcome

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
              Dont lose any sleep over cabot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                If you sell your soul to the money god sometimes you forget how you got to the position in the first place.

That website quite frankly can be quite scarey sometimes and reclaiming charges is one of them.

All the bull there could be condensed down to
                1) obtain info via your own statements or SAR.
                2) issue court claim
                3) attend court being fully briefed on limitations law. Take on corporate lawyer and probable debt hating judge.

But of course that doesnt play to a desperate audience. We want an easy way to solve our financial problems. Our mate Martin offers a way. And while we work out that the end result will if we want to pursue be court then we visit his website.

The advice to use both sides of the loo roll is more sound than his reclaim charges advice.

It cut our loo roll costs by half and we defo much richer for the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                  If you sell your soul to the money god sometimes you forget how you got to the position in the first place.

That website quite frankly can be quite scarey sometimes and reclaiming charges is one of them.

All the bull there could be condensed down to
                  1) obtain info via your own statements or SAR.
                  2) issue court claim
                  3) attend court being fully briefed on limitations law. Take on corporate lawyer and probable debt hating judge.

But of course that doesnt play to a desperate audience. We want an easy way to solve our financial problems. Our mate Martin offers a way. And while we work out that the end result will if we want to pursue be court then we visit his website.

The advice to use both sides of the loo roll is more sound than his reclaim charges advice.

It cut our loo roll costs by half and we defo much richer for the experience.

Look!! I have told you all before Quote:- You Must Not Tell The Truth As It Hurt",. Self Esteem was his early Morning Nightmare
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Evening all,

Well got a final response from out friends at FOS (Friends of Stakeholders)

I have attached their findings.

Basically, financials can breach Statuary regulations at will regardless of circumstances. So in short fuck what parliment has laid down and the world is your oyster. Talk about haven't got a fucking clue.

Best I inform ICO that FOS are overruling them. Surprised they don't already know this???? ICO actually told me on the phone that if the date is the 30th they CANNOT take any action at all before that date. So defaulting me on the 25th is breaching the regualtions.

I'm reffered to as Mr G as they are going to publsih this decision on their website. Not without my expressed permission they are not. I'll sue their fucking arses off.

Sorry for all the fucking, just pee'd off somewhat

Click image for larger version

Name:	FOS AAD1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	1394320

Click image for larger version

Name:	FOS AAD2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	1394322

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                    Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 1 June 2013, 17:20.

Comment

..So this was the final step then?

Comment

Hi DI30

Yes that's what I thought, but after looking the White Rabbit Trust youtube channel I might have another route to get to them after that stupid Final from FOS.

It makes no sense

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Basically an Adjudicator makes a decision and if you or the bank are not happy, your case is moved on to the Ombudsman, the decision is usually final at this stage, but otherwise there is the Assessor you can contact, worth checking on the FS website as well, but more info here on the Assessor on what they can do.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u..._reference.htm

I can't remember if somewhere along the line if your able to ask for another review.
                          Last edited by di30; 2 June 2013, 22:52. Reason: To add more info.

Comment

Working...
                          X