GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowells and CRA. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowells and CRA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells and CRA.

Originally posted by jadex View Post
    your faith in Principle 4 is strong, however I do not think it works that way
    And you're right....

Originally posted by big.syd View Post
    Last payment june 2009

Default notice served by Mercers 1st October 2009.
    Based on the above, it's "technically" SB (assuming worst case and we lost our cases) around November 2015 - so is it SB today? Only a court would decide.

I'd just stay quiet if it were me... why rock the boat?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by big.syd View Post
      Im inclined to contact Lowells and question their management of my data, what do you all think.
      Is there a reason why you need to tidy this up before next April (when it's due to drop off your CRA file anyway) such as an imminent mortgage application?

If you write to a creditor they will open your file to take a look at the history which may lead to renewed enthusiasm to collect the debt since this is not a small sum (£9k?).

Lowells may have been quiet for a couple of years but they have recently created their own in-house law firm 'Lowell Solicitors Ltd' (an ABS) who will be keen to get litigating, so I wouldn't go looking for trouble if I were you

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...ouse-law-firm-

Plan B x

Comment

I fully understand all the advice about letting sleeping dogs lie and will take the advice given.
        My concern is that Lowells have put partial settlement on the file in April 2013,and closed the account.
        Could it be they will later come back and state that payment to the account was made,thus adding 3 further years?
        That was my principle reason for correcting them..I am not looking for further credit .
        I would never act without running it by AAD, so thank you to all the info that has helped me get this far.

Comment

No it's incorrect reporting. Wait til maybe January next year and report the inaccuracy to the CRA if it really bothers you. They'd need to substantiate any payment. That's where they'd come unstuck

A CRA record is nothing to do with SB or proof of payment.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            No it's incorrect reporting. Wait til maybe January next year and report the inaccuracy to the CRA if it really bothers you. They'd need to substantiate any payment. That's where they'd come unstuck

A CRA record is nothing to do with SB or proof of payment.
            Thank you, I will put this to one side. One last point, Cause of Action, surely has to be around the date Barclaycard started collection activity, and certainly before the account was sold on. Any thoughts...........................

Comment

I've explained this 100 times. Read the link I put in post #9.

Comment

Working...
              X