GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shoosmith's chasing unpaid CCJ from 2007 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoosmith's chasing unpaid CCJ from 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shoosmith's chasing unpaid CCJ from 2007

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    If there's a chance this CCJ is from 2014 then you can check that using the Trust Online website:

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself

Originally posted by Scottbez View Post
    Ok I've just run a check and I have nothing registered against me

That suggests that there wasn't a CCJ following on from that Shoosmiths' 2014 letter where they threatened you with legal action but made no mention of an existing CCJ (from 2007).

We're working on a process of elimination.

Plan B x

Comment

Ok had a mad day at work didn't get 5 minutes to myself and when I did the phone number for Northants county court bulk centre no longer exists 08454085302 so I will have to call the county/crown court tomorrow to try and find out the number I need to get in touch with the bulk centre not a happy bunny lol

Comment

01604 619 400 then select option 6

Comment

They told me over the phone a few months ago after I sent them a statue barred letter that a ccj was given in 2007 a lot is puzzling me as why send me a copy of a credit agreement dated 2003 that I signed but no copy of a ccj was with it also the letter says it's on behalf of Arrow dated October 14 then send me a court order amending the claimant to arrow I thought they already was

Comment

Thank you for the number I will call tomorrow as they shut at 4pm

Comment

I will call tomorrow as they shut at 4pm
              They (telephone helpline) shut at 5 pm not 4 pm

They open at 8.30 am.

Plan B x

Comment

Ok I finish early tomorrow anyway so if I don't get hold of them while I'm at work I will straight after

Comment

Ok I have spoken to Northants bulk they said a ccj was given in November 2007 by Arrow and solicitors acting on there behalf was Maddison no mention of schoosmiths so I'm kinda wondering what to do next any guidance would be grateful

Comment

That seems like good news to me as they will probably have to explain why they haven't contacted you about it for so long. However I'll leave it to the legal team to help you with what to do next.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Scottbez,
                      Did you ask the court if they could supply a copy of the claim form (N1) and a copy of the Judgment? If not you need to ask.
                      There may be a small copying charge but you need to get to the bottom of this.

Elsa x

Comment

At least things are becoming a little clearer.

How much is the CCJ since that will give you some indication of whether Shoosmiths will be inclined to pursue this back to court or not?

Only the problem for them is they were not the solicitors acting for the Claimant at the time because Maddisons were so that firm will be on the court file as 'acting'. Shoosmiths will have to remedy that as well as the fact that the Claimant isn't the same person either. None of this will impress a DJ who'll be asking why there have been no attempts to enforce the CCJ for over eight years.

There's something else puzzling me. You said this was an old MBNA account which makes sense because Arrow buy loads of those, yet the name of the creditor/lender on Shoosmiths letter to you in 2014 is R. Raphael & Sons plc which is one of the oldest independent banks in the UK. Did you ever have an account with them?

sent me a copy of a credit agreement I signed in 2003. I think it is with mbna
                        I think you can relax a little now since that latest letter from Shoosmiths doesn't even ask you to pay anything.

It's a one-liner advising you that the Claimant's name has been changed to Arrow and they enclose a copy of the court order which doesn't even have your name on it. The Defendant is named as "Various" and there's no claim number on the copy you sent me. They'll have to come up with something better than that if they want to take this further.

Let us know if you get a follow-up letter. I have a feeling you won't unless you make the mistake of ringing them again

Plan B x

Comment

Ok I spoke to Northants who said there was a ccj but not there it was at bury St Edmunds court I called them and they confirmed there was a ccj in November 2007 with Arrow to get a copy I have to write to Norwich court as I've changed address and bury won't send it to me but if I pay Norwich £10 they will I have mislead you a bit as I thought I had a card with mbna but it wasn't it was monument I knew it began with an m so I am sorry for giving the wrong information I think the limit on it was £2000 but I no Arrow want £4000 I have not been in contact with shoosmiths for months I'm confused that they didn't even put anything in there last letter which I've shown you about repaying it what was that letter all about I'm now just waiting for a nasty one as they were very harsh when I spoke on the phone to them

Comment

Well done for chasing that up Scottbez. That's a step forward as we're starting to get a better picture now.
                            No problem not remembering whether it's Monument or MBNA.
                            Don't be tempted to ring Shoosmith's again whatever happens. Let us know the second you get those court documents or anything else from Shoosmiths.

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
                            X