GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Some current guidance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some current guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some current guidance

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Hmmmm it's risky mate. See this as a classic example of judges ignoring guidelines and cca --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post427744

If you need access just say & it's authorised.

Technical Points don't really count when the judge is biased / allows easy remedy of claimant error/failure
    can vouch for curly =- will be an asset
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry TC, but I'm not active with DCA's any longer.
      This is a special deal for a friend.
      Wouldn't mind giving Cabot a bloody nose mind

Over the years I've ploughed a massive amount of time and effort and been stabbed in the back on too many occasions.
      Stories the same for quite a few others here as well, which is a crying shame..

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
        Mortimer Clarke solicitors

Pretty unlikely an actual person has that name then

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...es/part22#22.1

Documents to be verified by a statement of truth

(1) The following documents must be verified by a statement of truth –
        (a) a statement of case;

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...es/part22#22.2

Documents to be verified by a statement of truth
        (1) The following documents must be verified by a statement of truth –
        (a) a statement of case;

Failure to verify a statement of case
        (1) If a party fails to verify his statement of case by a statement of truth –
        (a) the statement of case shall remain effective unless struck out; but
        (b) the party may not rely on the statement of case as evidence of any of the matters set out in it.
        (2) The court may strike out(GL) a statement of case which is not verified by a statement of truth.
        (3) Any party may apply for an order under paragraph (2).

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...pd_part07e#9.1

Statement of truth
        9.1 Part 22 requires any statement of case to be verified by a statement of truth. This applies to all online forms.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...d_part07e#10.1

Signature
        10 Any provision of the CPR which requires a document to be signed by any person is satisfied by that person entering their name on an online form.

First of all I'd contact the claimant and combine the duff signature point and the duff POCs point asking them to replead properly. If they fail make an application to strike out or alternatively an unless order. Go with a hearing as i have seen someone have 2 judges rule in favour of this without a hearing only for the claimant to keep asking for a variation until they got a judge who ruled against them as there is no limit to applications to vary. (i'd have just applied for a variation again to change it back) With a hearing is more formal and costly to appeal.

M1

Comment

Sorry TC, but I'm not active with DCA's any longer.
          This is a special deal for a friend.
          Wouldn't mind giving Cabot a bloody nose mind

Over the years I've ploughed a massive amount of time and effort and been stabbed in the back on too many occasions.
          Stories the same for quite a few others here as well, which is a crying shame..

Know what you mean Curly, seen it on occasions here and there, you & others have put in a lot of work over the years in certain places, including advising myself ages ago!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Techie - yes mate I know Curly from before & know he's sound

However as he says, stabbed in the back (like several others) so driven away from helping, can't blame the bloke really can we

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps Andrews skiving so will reply tmw. But as pointed out it's signed incorrectly regardless - but that in itself isn't enough. I'm proof of that with Mortimer Clarke
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps Andrews skiving so will reply tmw. But as pointed out it's signed incorrectly regardless - but that in itself isn't enough. I'm proof of that with Mortimer Clarke

Did you take that point ? If not the POCs stand.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                  Whilst I agree the POCs should stand, but sometimes they simply do not so it's not as simple as that - you have to remember judges do ignore rules - evidence is in the link I posted last night to Jackreachers thread.

Comment

However as he says, stabbed in the back (like several others) so driven away from helping, can't blame the bloke really can we

it doesnt happen on here Curly, they are a good crowd here Hun, so please reconsider x

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                      it doesnt happen on here Curly, they are a good crowd here Hun, so please reconsider x
                      Hope considers = I will get the Pop Corn == they were the days we use to pass between us!

Comment

agree

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                          Whilst I agree the POCs should stand, but sometimes they simply do not so it's not as simple as that - you have to remember judges do ignore rules - evidence is in the link I posted last night to Jackreachers thread.

Gents, this is a moot point as it's a NBC claim and they'd simply claim it was done online.

Comment

Gents, this is a moot point as it's a NBC claim and they'd simply claim it was done online.

Somebody didn't read my post that goes through the rules

M1

Comment

With the case I'm dealing with (and thanks to M1) I got 2 judges agreeing that the claim form was not verified by a statement of truth as per cpr22, and I'm angry that the other side could keep passing it back to court until they finally find a "friendly" judge to disregard all the rules and set aside 2 previous judges orders and without any explanation or the right of the defendant to seek set aside. No doubt some "special" handshakes going on behind the scenes. I'd still do it again though.

Comment

its para 3.10 of PD 22 that you need M1:

"3.10 A legal representative who signs a statement of truth must sign in his own name and not that of his firm or employer."

An application can be made fro an Unless Order with a Strike out in default. That is likely to have a greater chance of success than a straight strike out. Ask them to replead and sign property and to disclose documents to comply with CCA (if a request was made under s77/78). In default of which they get struck out. It fulfillls the overriding objective by narrowing the issues and disposing of the claim early if it has no merit so saving court time being wasted in either instance by either a shorted more focused trial or no trial at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X