GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot...Marlin...Restons - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot...Marlin...Restons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot...Marlin...Restons

Just wait now

Comment

Originally posted by tierisch View Post
      Letter from marlin stating they have requested copy of agreement and statement of account from crapbot and they will forward on receipt.

Did that Marlin letter contain a reassuring line about the account being on hold in the meantime? They normally put that albeit begrudgingly.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Did that Marlin letter contain a reassuring line about the account being on hold in the meantime? They normally put that albeit begrudgingly.
        No they didn't....

Comment

Well the 12+2 is up and heard nothing more from them. Going in for surgery on tuesday and you can bet those b.....ds write when I am out for the count for a few days....just hope it is a we can't find a CCA but knowing my luck!

Comment

Originally posted by tierisch View Post
            Well the 12+2 is up and heard nothing more from them. Going in for surgery on tuesday and you can bet those b.....ds write when I am out for the count for a few days....just hope it is a we can't find a CCA but knowing my luck!
            Restons will know there's nothing they can do to enforce this debt until their client (Marlin) comply with your CCA request. Marlin have asked Cabot for your CCA. It's extremely unlikely that Cabot will have it on their files since they bought it off Citicard which means they'll have to ask Citicard for it. This could take a while

And even if something does come back eventually it has to be the real deal or an honest and accurate reconstituted version of the original not any old rubbish.

If you're really worried that Marlin might do something nasty while you're in hospital you could always send them a polite letter thanking them for their letter 5th June and you'll await their response to your CCA request. Use the opportunity to say that you will be in hospital from Tuesday until 'whenever' and copy that to Restons. It keeps everyone in the loop. Normally I'd ignore Marlin's last letter but if Restons have sent you a LBA there's no harm in adding to the paper trail in case Marlin have 'forgotten' to update them.

I may have posted that last paragraph too late if your hospital admission was last Tuesday not next Tuesday. Good luck with it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              Restons will know there's nothing they can do to enforce this debt until their client (Marlin) comply with your CCA request. Marlin have asked Cabot for your CCA. It's extremely unlikely that Cabot will have it on their files since they bought it off Citicard which means they'll have to ask Citicard for it. This could take a while

And even if something does come back eventually it has to be the real deal or an honest and accurate reconstituted version of the original not any old rubbish.

If you're really worried that Marlin might do something nasty while you're in hospital you could always send them a polite letter thanking them for their letter 5th June and you'll await their response to your CCA request. Use the opportunity to say that you will be in hospital from Tuesday until 'whenever' and copy that to Restons. It keeps everyone in the loop. Normally I'd ignore Marlin's last letter but if Restons have sent you a LBA there's no harm in adding to the paper trail in case Marlin have 'forgotten' to update them.

I may have posted that last paragraph too late if your hospital admission was last Tuesday not next Tuesday. Good luck with it anyway
              Thanks Plan B....am out of the NHS in one piece (well minus a few bits...but then again kinda work with them so insider knowledge and all that) and nothing from Marlins or ratsons. Going to leave it for now unless they come up with something...back to recovering!

Comment

Just an update or rather a not update. Not heard anything from any of them since the CCA request went in which suits me so thanks for your advice here. So a question is that given I don't have all the paper work it is a bit difficult to check whether it is SB...would it be worth SARing Citicard or should I keep quiet?

Comment

I'd lay low Tierisch. You can always SAR if necessary if they come back with anything

Comment

Definitely keep quiet! If they're not hassling you then leave well alone. Like Elsa says you can always SAR them later.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                    X