GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Request for my consent - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for my consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for my consent

Hello, so I sent a letter to the debt collecting agency, Lowell, saying I have memory problems, that I am disputing this alleged debt, and that StepChange have advised me to request a copy of the original CAA. They've responded with a form for me to sign, that gives my consent to them to gain access to my account records with the original lender.

This has made me realise that they do not have this information then!

So where do I stand here? And what should I do next?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts, Twigs

Well Twigs

The AAD Diary format helps AAD and yourself please can you provide the following details in this format
    This will enable AAD members to advise or otherwise

Type of account -
    Date commenced -
    Approx balance -
    Date last paid -
    Are you on arrangement or not paying -
    Account owner

Comment

UPDATE - have just been advised by Step Change that it's not necessary for the debt collector to have the CAA if they have enough other evidence. I was hoping it means it is unenforceable when they don't - not as straight forward as I was hoping hey, not a legal loophole.

Also been advised there are no LBAs in Scotland. First I will hear of court action is when I get served.

Have decided not to respond to this consent for now - will see what they do next. Will buy a bit of time I guess.

Comment

It helps you and AAD if you can set up your Diary and Debts in the AAD format!

Please set out your Diary in the following format

Type of account -
        Date commenced -
        Approx balance -
        Date last paid -
        Account owner

Comment

Originally posted by Twigs View Post
          UPDATE - have just been advised by Step Change that it's not necessary for the debt collector to have the CAA if they have enough other evidence. I was hoping it means it is unenforceable when they don't - not as straight forward as I was hoping hey, not a legal loophole.

Also been advised there are no LBAs in Scotland. First I will hear of court action is when I get served.

Have decided not to respond to this consent for now - will see what they do next. Will buy a bit of time I guess.
          And in the meantime concentrate on that ALL IMPORTANT AAD DIARY Format!

Comment

Originally posted by Twigs View Post

I agree, do not sign any sort of consent form, sounds like a trick to me but just because I am paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get me ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dottir View Post

I agree, do not sign any sort of consent form, sounds like a trick to me but just because I am paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get me ?
              It helps you and AAD if you can set up your Diary and Debts in the AAD format!

Please set out your Diary in the following format

Type of account -
              Date commenced -
              Approx balance -
              Date last paid -
              Account owner

Comment

Working...
              X