GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hoist finance passed my account onto Lowell - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoist finance passed my account onto Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist finance passed my account onto Lowell

So back in December 2022 I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer , I email's Hoist finance and asked them if they would cancel the debt as a gesture of good will to take the stress off and aid my recovery , I received an email back saying this .

From: RW_Customer_Contact <RW_Customer.Contact@hoistfinance.com>
    Sent: 29 January 2023 09:09
    To:
    Subject: Your accounts

Dear Mrs

We write in relation to your accounts xxxxx and xxxxx

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you are currently facing and we can confirm that upon further review of your circumstances, a decision has been made to suspend any future activity on your accounts.

There is no further action that you need to take at present.

Yours Sincerely

In past few months I have received letters from Lowell telling me how to pay yadda yadda , I have contacted Hoist today asking them to contact Lowell and to tell them the account had no further action on it because of my illness. I received this reply .

RW_Customer_Contact <RW_Customer.Contact@hoistfinance.com>
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    To:
    • You

Thu 15/06/2023 15:55

Your account is now being managed by Lowell Financial Ltd. Please contact them directly at post@lowellgroup.co.uk.

Please note this mailbox is no longer operational.

This account is a CCJ , so now I am realising that Hoist and Lowell are scumbags , I'd like to report them both because Hoist gave the impression that they were being noble and I have to say the wording was suspicious , so I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about their behaviour and is there anything I do , I find both really spiteful and inhumane treating anyone this way , not only cancer patients .
    Thanks

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...48#post1547948

Comment

Hi Spent

So this account has a ccj for which you were paying ÂŁ1 a month?

If that is the case and you can face it, I would print out your emails from both you to Hoist and vice versa. Send it to Lowell by post , proof of posting.

They should honour the agreement but if not, what you do is dependant on how you feel.

Again if it were me I would head my letter to Lowell as a complaint and say you have an agreement with hoist.

Of course I am not you and don’t have your stresses.

Over to you I’m afraid.

Comment

Thank I will do that because Lowell do not have any email address to contact them , unless I can find a complaints email address on their website. I know its a quid a month but it is also only under 500 quid , are they really that desperate to get this money ? lol .

Comment

complaintsresolution@lowellgroup.co.uk
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

post@lowellgroup.co.uk.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              post@lowellgroup.co.uk.
              Good news , my husband phoned them as he is now my carer and I give permission for him to speak on my behalf, the account is no longer a CCJ, and Lowell have closed it and that is it , and they apologised for any stress caused .
              I have to say the lady who we spoke to was very lovely and wished me well . So that's it on that account .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post

Good news , my husband phoned them as he is now my carer and I give permission for him to speak on my behalf, the account is no longer a CCJ, and Lowell have closed it and that is it , and they apologised for any stress caused .
                I have to say the lady who we spoke to was very lovely and wished me well . So that's it on that account .
                That's good news. Did your husband ask for confirmation in writing? That would be the ideal, to futureproof against any more nonsense.

Comment

Make a note date/time/ person name and entry basic discussion and outcome (for the benefit of doubt). good result by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post

Great news - sometimes going against the AAD orthodoxy is the best route. A quick phone call sorts it all out.

Im not in your position but a debt was sold on to Cabot and they couldn’t comply with my CCA request. A quick call and £2800 closed.

Well done, one less stress so you can concentrate on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

That's good news. Did your husband ask for confirmation in writing? That would be the ideal, to futureproof against any more nonsense.
                      Yes he did ask for confirmation in writing and they sent an email too .
                      But as it isn't a CCJ anymore it can go whistle .

Comment

keep copy on file just in case.

Comment

CCJ still there but they are saying they do not intend to enforce. only a court can remove such, (just a admin point). hence keep copies of their email etc. In normal circumstances if a CCJ satisfied a certificate of satisfaction can be applied for!
                          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 17 June 2023, 08:45.

Comment

did they say closing account? has had been said before that some companies sale batch on. hence saying keep copies for reference!

Comment

A CCJ will exist but unless they have no enforced it in 6 years they need a judges permission which is hard to get.

I had a ccj that I had been paying, after 6 years it went of my record and when I asked the bank couldn’t even find it?

Comment

Working...
                              X