GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Court claim received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court claim received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim received

daughters boyfriend has received a claim form in connection to a £1600 Barclaycard debt owned by Hoist portfolio. He has obviously ignored any previous letters I.e LBC though states he never received one. They joint rent their property and have very little in the way of assets. He does however work. What is the best way to deal with this claim form. I am aware there will be a response time. Thanks in advance.

acknowledge on line receiving N1 court form - tick defend all , do not give I&E info send a CCA1974 request recorded delivery with a £1.00 p.O. send CPR request have a word with Diana Mayhew in the 1st place

Claim Received CCA Request Template

CPR 31:14 - Inspect Document Request (CCA not Sent)

di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk
    Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 19 January 2020, 10:22.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      acknowledge on line receiving N1 court form - tick defend all , do not give I&E info send a CCA1974 request recorded delivery with a £1.00 p.O. send CPR request have a word with Diana Mayhew in the 1st place

Just to confirm who does he need to send the CCA request to Hoist or their solicitors? Thanks
      Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 19 January 2020, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
        daughters boyfriend has received a claim form in connection to a £1600 Barclaycard debt owned by Hoist portfolio. . . . . What is the best way to deal with this claim form.
        I wouldn’t tell him to send anything to anyone until he’s had some legal advice based on the facts of his case.

Ive got your other emails so feel free to add this to the list

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I wouldn’t tell him to send anything to anyone until he’s had some legal advice based on the facts of his case.

Di
          Di

the simple facts of the case are he defaulted,didn’t pay anything and then buried his head and ignored all correspondence. He says he never received a LBC but I am not convinced. So not quite sure how he can proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Before giving advice on managing a court claim it’s essential to establish the facts.

Part 18 Questions can be relevant especially since the Claimant may lack FCA authorisation.

Di

Comment

Di

the simple facts of the case are he defaulted,didn’t pay anything and then . . .

So not quite sure how he can proceed.

Because Hoist may not have the legal right to issue a claim?

What is the precise name of the Claimant.

I assume the solicitors are Howard Cohen?

Di

Comment

Before giving advice on managing a court claim it’s essential to establish the facts.

Part 18 Questions can be relevant especially since the Claimant may lack FCA authorisation.

Di
                Di can I ask what information you need from me and I will try and attain it.Thanks

Comment

Di
                  Quote:- CPR request have a word with
                  Diana Mayhew
                  in the 1st place
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Di can I ask what information you need from me and I will try and attain it.
                    Start by emailing me the first page of the claim form so I can see what they are claiming and why they think they have the right to claim it.

If they haven’t pleaded their case properly then they will struggle.

The deadline for filing the Acknowledgment of Service is 19 days from the claim Issue Date, so hopefully plenty of time to formulate a plan, unless he’s missed that deadline while burying his head in the sand since it was served.

What is the claim Issue Date (on the top right of the front page)?

Di

Comment

Start by emailing me the first page of the claim form so I can see what they are claiming and why they think they have the right to claim it.

If they haven’t pleaded their case properly then they will struggle.

The deadline for filing the Acknowledgment of Service is 19 days from the claim Issue Date, so hopefully plenty of time to formulate a plan, unless he’s missed that deadline while burying his head in the sand since it was served.

What is the claim Issue Date (on the top right of the front page)?

Di
                      Just sent you the front page, can you confirm receipt.thanks

Comment

Just sent you the front page, can you confirm receipt.thanks

Yes it's arrived safely (that was quick!)

I note that the Claimant does not have FCA authorisation

I'll explain the relevance of that later, but it means this legal argument may form part of his Defence.

Jo explains it here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                        Both of these companies are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

Their cases, or their predecessors Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited and Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, rarely reach trial in cases we are involved with. They have not been successful at trial with us.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Hoist which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

The Hoist companies also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

If you are currently defending a claim with either of the Hoist companies, whether stayed or ongoing, or they have obtained a Default Judgment against you and you have any query please post any queries on this thread..
                        Di

Comment

Yes it's arrived safely (that was quick!)

I note that the Claimant does not have FCA authorisation

I'll explain the relevance of that later, but it means this legal argument may form part of his Defence.

Jo explains it here >

Di
                          Thanks for the speedy reply. Sounds promising. Can you let me know how he needs to respond. Many Thanks once more

Comment

Can you let me know how he needs to respond.
                            I'll reply to your email tomorrow, and we'll take it from there.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Di

Comment

I'll reply to your email tomorrow, and we'll take it from there.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Di
                              Di I have just pm you regarding our conversation at lunch today.

Comment

Working...
                              X