GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Legal aid - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal aid

Hi Guys, My brother has been accused of ABH against his partner. He has been told he can not get legal aid as he has a house that he shared with his partner (The Accuser) She has emptied his bank account, obtained a restraining order so he is unable to work in their joint business and has refused to pay joint bills and debts in his name so his credit rating is shot. He is homeless, has no money and has to sleep at friends and relatives houses. He is trying to appeal but getting nowhere. He can not get legal aid as they say he has assets he can not access. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Pez

Diana Mayhew have you come across this situation before???
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Guys, just wondered if anyone has any ideas on how he could proceed. Cheers Pez

Comment

Working...
      X