GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Collectors - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Collectors

Hi help me guys,

My issue with trusting any collectors is how do you tell a legit debt collector apart from a scammer who wants your information for malicious intent?

Example of this that I'm talking about are those people who impersonate the IRS and lie that you owe them money in order to steal your info.

Thanks in advance for your help

- Alex

Originally posted by alex.mercado View Post
    I'm talking about are those people who impersonate the IRS and lie that you owe them money in order to steal your info.

Are you based in the USA?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by alex.mercado View Post
      Hi help me guys,

My issue with trusting any collectors is how do you tell a legit debt collector apart from a scammer who wants your information for malicious intent?

Example of this that I'm talking about are those people who impersonate the IRS and lie that you owe them money in order to steal your info.

Thanks in advance for your help

- Alex
      @hi alex.mercado

I hope this will help you solve your problem... https://www.scottishtrustdeed.co.uk/...help_scotland/

Comment

Originally posted by domingo001 View Post
        @hi alex.mercado
        I hope this will help you solve your problem... https://www.scottishtrustdeed.co.uk/...help_scotland/
        Well this assumes off course that the Debts are actually Enforcible!

Following your advice domingo001 means resetting the Statute Bar clock with every correspondence and payment! Because its a tacit admission of Debt!
        It clearly doesn't help solve debt problems does it? Just prolongs the pain doesn't it!!

The first sensible action is to discover your legal position and take personal control over your own monies!! You are in the best possible place to start your journey here at AAD

The First Truth is neither the Creditors nor the Debt Purchasers are Charities!

The Debt Industry works on the premise of turning Bad Debt into Profit. Just stop for a moment and think what this means!
        The poor Debtor is hounded for every last penny by a swarm of vultures eager to pick the flesh of the Debtors bones!

Creditors enjoying Tax Benefits in writing off BAD Debts (that means incidentially increasing the Tax burden on Us and reducing the Creditors tax Bill ).

Creditor's are enabled to sell BAD debts for pennies in the pound to Debt purchasers.
        (Better described as hyenas and vultures feeding off the flesh of Debtors.)

The Debt Industry is a multi billion pound international business! Debt purchasers believe it or not see the poor Debtor as a good investment!
        Last edited by Roger; 22 July 2019, 14:36. Reason: typos

Comment

Great thread. Initial poster is most likely in the USA then some random person touting for business - don't you just love people in the debt management business.

Now don't get me wrong- if it is right for you then do it but be aware of all the options. I spent thousands (about 10-12) repaying debts that were mainly unenforecable and then I started dealing with it myself

I am now reclaiming PPI etc from those accounts where I had it, I don't actually care how much it is, the irony of them paying me is so sweet. Capital one are my current target

Comment

Working...
          X