GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Court records - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court records

Does anyone know how long court records are kept post-judgement, and where they go when the court closes?

It has been mentioned multiple times that court records are kept for around 6-7 years. Should the creditor attempt enforcement after 6 years, it is difficult as there are scant records.
    What is kept?
    A line on a spreadsheet ref number/date of judgement/amount/names?
    Front page of judgement?
    Reference to location if archived court bundles?
    ?

It appears that a creditor must apply for enforcement to the court where judgement took place. Many courts are due to close or have already. Where are court records kept?
    Will they be transferred? To where?

​​Hopefully, the DCAs buying debts with existing CCJs will be stuffed as they will not be able to find the issuing court

​​​​​

good question - BUT as always no doubt there will be rules when a closure take place and records handling/responsibility, what looks good is not always good, somebody may also respond with information?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I went to ask for info to the court. Previously, you rolled up and went to the desk, via security inspection. Now you have to write in as only those involved in current (the day's cases) are allowed past security. No questions are taken over the phone.

At least there is no need to listen to Vivaldi's Spring through Winter soenfingsthe whole month's credit. So sometime next year I might have an answer.

Comment

What went wrong there?

Comment

site taking a while to load replys so if you catch post, thinking it hasn't loaded it post again
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It seems someone is working today.

Got a response this morning and from the one-liner, it seems my record is still there and unsullied since pronounced. No filthy, rotten DCA paws have requested a name change.

Hopefully, that means they have no valid claim, should they try to squeeze me, until they do that. Na na na na nah. Anyone ever had a DCA change the name on a CCJ?

According to the court clerk, when a court closes, the claimant would need to raise a new claim for enforcement in another court. No info on who gets the records. I suppose it will be on a circular from the Lord Chancellor after the guillotine falls.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh!
              As a rider, speaking to a court clerk over a beer I learned that the practice is different to the declared processes. He may be a numpty or the tea boy in reality, but it is frightening, a bit. In short the change of "owner" of a CCJ is easily done and doesn't appear to have the expected checks.

A court case/claim can be altered external to the judgement court, without the judgement court being informed. So the fact that there have been no updates to an order in the court of judgement, does not obviate that a change has been made to names on the judgement, e.g. the name of the claimant can be substituted without an application to the originating court, and the name on the application to vary a judgement order does not require names to match a name on the judgement order. What part of the published process of an application must be made in the court of judgement to make any variation does this follow? [so the claimant can go to Carlisle to change a judgement which was made in a court in Chelmsford, searching through ???? ]

Comment

That's good news about the record keeping when courts close etc.......maybe not so good in some ways about the alterations external to the judgement court.......

Fingers crossed it wont be an issue in your case

Comment

Working...
                X