GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Card Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Card Debt

Thanx PlanB I'll get them all out tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by HerefordVet View Post
      Thanx PlanB I'll get them all out tonight!
      Here's the link to the LBA response letter which you send to Judge & Priestley Solicitors. You'll need to change the date on the Word document download and add in your details. It's at the bottom of the first post on this page (no fee needed):

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495036

Here's a link to the CCA Request and don't forget to include a £1 postal order for the statutory fee with it.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

Send both by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery so you've got evidence of posting and can track and trace them.

Who was the original creditor because it may be wise to send them a Subject Access Request so you've got the full history of the account in case you need it?

Di

Comment

The original creditor was Marks & Spencer. I will send these tonight.

With regards the Fidelity Debt management one (which was a card from collector, unsure what the debt is) do I send a CCA first or send them I do not recognise the debt letter and enc denial of implied right of access or send them both letters?

Comment

The original creditor was Marks & Spencer.
          Would this have been a Marks & Spencers' store card which turned into a credit card around 2003 by any chance?

After you've sent the CCA Request to 1st Credit and the LBA Response letter to Judge & Priestley solicitors it would make sense to send a Subject Access Request to Marks & Spencers to get the full history of the account. You've not received a claim (and hopefully won't) but it's always a good idea to keep one step ahead of solicitors

The SAR Template Letter is here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495040

Di

Comment

With regards the Fidelity Debt management one (which was a card from collector, unsure what the debt is) do I send a CCA first or send them I do not recognise the debt letter and enc denial of implied right of access or send them both letters?
            I can see you've started your UE Diary so maybe add the Fidelity debt to that then everything is on the same thread (or ask someone to help you merge both of the threads).

Your new Diary is here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post586552

Di

Comment

Definately be guided by what Plan B has advised.........She really does know her onions with these things

I look forward to hearing the update on your CCA replies etc
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done on starting your UE diary HV. It would be a good idea to add all your debts to the diary (even if you aren't doing anything about them at the moment) making a new post for each debt.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Plan B, dont think it was a store card only a credit card. I know I had it in 2007 from some old data I have but not sure how many years before that I had it. I will send them the letter tonight. Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X