GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unsecured debt & moving. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsecured debt & moving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unsecured debt & moving.

Originally posted by daisy View Post
    Hi Pixie, thank you for your reply.

I don't have a forwarding address for Royal Mail to initially redirect the post to, so I need a company that will hold mail for a short while.
    royal mail can hold on to mail for awhile at cost depending on for how long, for example when someone is away, via their 'keepsafe'. try that. then when you have your new address, let them know.
    they can also forward mail to a friend/neighbour.
    Last edited by alfie; 7 December 2016, 17:48.

Comment

My mail is being held at a PO address, as I currently don't have a forwarding address, however, I'm receiving daily emails from either the original lenders, or debt collectors.

I sent the letter suggested by Niddy to all the creditors on the morning that I moved, so my question is, do I respond to the emails, which I assume would give them my IP address, or simply ignore them?

I do still have money in a joint uk account, which I am unable to move at the moment, not sure if that is a concern or not?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Comment

in this case I would just block the emails and ignore

Comment

I agree with MrsD.

I don't think you need to worry about the money in the joint account. Is the account with a bank connected to any of the creditors? I don't think they can touch it if it's a joint account anyway.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

wherever you may be, Ignore the emails ,enjoy your new life xxx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. The money is in an unrelated account ��

Comment

Thank you nightwatch xx

Comment

Originally posted by daisy View Post
                  Thank you for your replies. The money is in an unrelated account ��
                  That's good. It means they cant use right of set off so the money's safe.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thank you Pixie x

Comment

I need to change my driving licence address, but I am aware that DVLA give details out, so if I change my licence for the one in the EU country that I now reside in, will DVLA register the address?

Comment

The DVLA hold the information on their data base, as far as I am aware there has to be a reason for anyone wanting that information,
                        I doubt a debt collecton company will ask for it. x

Comment

Thank you Nightwatch for the advice, it is appreciated. x

Comment

You are most welcome xx

Comment

I have had a letter forwarded from Lowell’s, as they have purchased one of my debts. Unfortunately, I cannot send it back stating that I’m no longer at this address, so will tear it up.
                              However, I had changed my address with the OC & they were also sent a letter on the date I moved abroad, informing them that I had moved & had no assets, but clearly they have written to my last known address, not much I can do & feel uncomfortable knowiing that the new residents will be hassled :-(

Comment

You could send it back in another envelope and write on the original, no longer known at this address. They would think that the new occupiers have returned it - I think

Comment

Working...
                                X