GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How to get started making £1 token payments and making ff offers. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get started making £1 token payments and making ff offers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to get started making £1 token payments and making ff offers.

I would suggest going to £1 first so you can stop paying fees to GP

That would be you taking charge of the situation and dictating the pace

once you've done that, then send the CCAs off and let us see what comes back

then you can make further decisions

information is key, you've been kind of drifting letting GP take the piss, time to wrest back control and sort it out

Comment

so would i just use the template letters to contact the creditors? do i contact original creditors or the debt collection agencies who have taken over the debt?
      Finally whats the likelyhood of them agreeing to £1 payments?
      sorry for all the questions, so much to take in and like you say probably let dm sort everything so not upto date with all tthe tricks that are available!!!

Comment

thought you were going to do ask GP to do it for you?

Comment

I haven't decided yet, just wondering what's the best option to do. sounding as if it'll be best to drop them, and deal with it myself. I just want to make sure I make the right decision.

Comment

Should you decide to CCA them please make sure you send recorded keep receipt so you can track as to when they receive it.
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by towns2950 View Post
              I haven't decided yet, just wondering what's the best option to do. sounding as if it'll be best to drop them, and deal with it myself. I just want to make sure I make the right decision.

it's not a huge problem, whatever you decide to do has to be what is best for you and yours, not anyone else, and certainly not the banks

if it doesn't work, you change to fit the situation still keeping your wellbeing at the fore. Many people in debt make the huge mistake of trying to appease the banks..............you need to look after you and yours first...................

Comment

The same way you would tell the dmp what you can afford would be the same way you tell the dca. Here is what I've got like it or lump it.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for that some very useful advice. So do you think the best way forward is to
                  1 cancel debt management plan
                  2 write to creditors asking to make £1 token payments showing my income and expenditure, using your template letters.
                  3 write to creditors asking for copies of cca's, ,including £1 postal order, again using your template letters and using recorded delivery servive.
                  4 see what they send back and decide if it's enforceable or unenforceable and decide whether to fight them or not.
                  5 if it is enforceable or I don't want to fight it, then go down the road of asking for ffp again using your templates

Comment

If you request CCA it is wise to stop paying ( as this aknowledges the debt) and send the request to who ever is receiving payment I.e.DCA.

However as GP is involved someone may have a different view and will be along soon xx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X