GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statute barred? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statute barred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statute barred?

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    all defaults drop off your credit file after 6 years (5 in Scotland) whether they are SB or not, any money owing in SB case is lost,
    if it is not SB they can still try to recover the money but they cannot add another default or markers to the credit file
    So, if I make an agreement to pay a DCA for a defaulted account today, then the default drops off in October what appears on my credit file? Thanks

Comment

should be NOTHING xxxx
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
        should be NOTHING xxxx
        So once 6 years have passed since the default date that agreement drops off my credit file? Regardless if monies are still owed?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
            So once 6 years have passed since the default date that agreement drops off my credit file? Regardless if monies are still owed?
            Yes mate that's right. Once the default drops off after 6 years so does all information regarding that account whether or not you're still paying. If that wasn't the case it would be unfair to those who are still paying off a defaulted account to have the payments and account history still showing and therefore would have a worse credit file than those who haven't paid a penny since default.

Comment

Despite what has been said above, there are some DCAs and financial institutions and their hounds that chase even after SB should have been reached and acknowledged. They just try it on and hope you will cave in. If so, they need to be informed that they are out of time and should stop hassling. Do not destroy your paperwork in celebration, as you may need it again.

Comment

Working...
              X