GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Brighthouse - Good or Bad? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied
    Re: Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
    Okay, then when a consumer signs a contract (I used to work for Phones 4u, I should probably know ) what would it be regulated by?

Because it's a financial agreement?
    It's not a financial agreement apart, that is, from one having to pay a certain sum each month for line rental.

It should be a hire purchase agreement, as the cost of the latest 'phones is always more than the cost of older models.

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    A mobile 'phone contract is unlikely to be a regulated Consumer Credit Agreement.
    Okay, then when a consumer signs a contract (I used to work for Phones 4u, I should probably know ) what would it be regulated by?

Because it's a financial agreement?

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Also; SnV, if you request a copy of a signed agreement of the Credit Agreement, how long do they have before they have to provide it? Because my partner is disputing a vodafone contract, and hasnt paid it since it was started in december, however, Vodafone are stating that it was requested and signed for. However, clearly she didnt sign, we're asking for a signed agreement but they keep giving us the run-around, any ideas?
    A mobile 'phone contract is unlikely to be a regulated Consumer Credit Agreement.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Indeed - and if you have paid 1/3 of the agreement, Brighthouse have a requirement to obtain a court order before removal of goods can be made.

In fact TibetanMonk - if Brighthouse have removed the goods from your friend without doing this, then my understanding is that the agreement is terminated and your friend may be entitled to make a claim against Brighthouse for a refund of all the monies paid until that point.
    Correct.

See sections 90 (link) and 91 (link) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Section 92 (link) also applies.

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Facebook have baby stuff pages too, my wife often buys cheap stuff on there for grandson yesterday she brought 6 new next tee shirts for £6
    Thanks PF i'll have a look.

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
    Loads of stuff on freecycle. You'll need to join first but you can also request stuff if you need things. As long as you word it nicely, people are usually really generous.
    Facebook have baby stuff pages too, my wife often buys cheap stuff on there for grandson yesterday she brought 6 new next tee shirts for £6

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

Indeed - and if you have paid 1/3 of the agreement, Brighthouse have a requirement to obtain a court order before removal of goods can be made.

In fact TibetanMonk - if Brighthouse have removed the goods from your friend without doing this, then my understanding is that the agreement is terminated and your friend may be entitled to make a claim against Brighthouse for a refund of all the monies paid until that point.
    Also; SnV, if you request a copy of a signed agreement of the Credit Agreement, how long do they have before they have to provide it? Because my partner is disputing a vodafone contract, and hasnt paid it since it was started in december, however, Vodafone are stating that it was requested and signed for. However, clearly she didnt sign, we're asking for a signed agreement but they keep giving us the run-around, any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

Ooh, brilliant stuff! I'll let him know to register and ask here

Leave a comment:

• SaltnVinegar
    replied

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Only if you have not paid x amount back under a HP agreement. Usually, it will say once 2/3rds of it has been paid, they have no entitlement to remove goods.

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

And this is one of the things that Brighthouse play on - the majority of the time the people that come to remove the goods are NOT bailiffs, though they like to make out they are.
    Hmm, interesting. Atleast now I know. not that I'd go there now after reading reviews and hearing things about them.

Leave a comment:

• SaltnVinegar
    replied

Really?! I'm guessing that forms part of allowing bailiffs to enter property, as they have no legal right to do so, this waives their right to remove products?

I was under the impression that if it's HP, and you dont make repayments, they're legally entitled to take the item.
    And this is one of the things that Brighthouse play on - the majority of the time the people that come to remove the goods are NOT bailiffs, though they like to make out they are.

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Only if you have not paid x amount back under a HP agreement. Usually, it will say once 2/3rds of it has been paid, they have no entitlement to remove goods.

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

And if its a standard HP agreement (which it should be) they have no legal entitlement to do so....
    Really?! I'm guessing that forms part of allowing bailiffs to enter property, as they have no legal right to do so, this waives their right to remove products?

I was under the impression that if it's HP, and you dont make repayments, they're legally entitled to take the item.

Leave a comment:

• SaltnVinegar
    replied

I've definitely reconsidered that brighthouse, one of my friends did it, and he got to the final payment, and because he couldnt pay they took his item away aswell.
    And if its a standard HP agreement (which it should be) they have no legal entitlement to do so....

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

Thanks SnV

I've definitely reconsidered that brighthouse, one of my friends did it, and he got to the final payment, and because he couldnt pay they took his item away aswell.

Definitely robbing the poor.

Moment of madness me considering it I guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X