GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script £10k of Debt. Where do I start? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£10k of Debt. Where do I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £10k of Debt. Where do I start?

I last paid EE last year, around March. O2 about a year and a bit ago, and Three was a rolling sim only which I forgot to cancel, so the only fees outstanding was the months notice.

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Emigrate to Costa Rica for four years.

The debts should all be Statute Barred by the time you return, plus you'll have been able to drink some excellent coffee in the time you were away.
      Thats what I did want to ask, clarity on Statute Barred, does that then wipe them from your credit file and essentially give you a clean slate or?

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

SB means they cannot pursue you through the courts but the debt does still exist.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          SB means they cannot pursue you through the courts but the debt does still exist.

Right okay, so with the mobile debts, apart from paying them in full, whats my best option?

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

Comment

Your PDL thread is here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...onderful-thing
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
              Right okay, so with the mobile debts, apart from paying them in full, whats my best option?
              Making some form of offer to the DCA......

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                It's both EE and O2.

O2 - £757
                EE - £1300
                Three - £53

I believe all debts have been sent to DCA, however, for a while I havent heard from either, which worries me considering its quite a large debt.

Any ideas?
                Can you name which DCAs are chasing you for which mobile phone account please. They all behave in different ways so it's helpful to know exactly who we are dealing with and what threats (if any) they have made. Some give up when you say "boo" while others will issue a county court summons at the drop of a hat.

Also clarify what you mean by "for a while haven't heard from either". Is that a few weeks or months or years? The more specifics you give us the easier it is for us to help you.

Comment

How much would a human kidney fetch on the open market?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    Can you name which DCAs are chasing you for which mobile phone account please. They all behave in different ways so it's helpful to know exactly who we are dealing with and what threats (if any) they have made. Some give up when you say "boo" while others will issue a county court summons at the drop of a hat.

Also clarify what you mean by "for a while haven't heard from either". Is that a few weeks or months or years? The more specifics you give us the easier it is for us to help you.
                    Hey

So the DCA's are RedCastle (Which I now believe to be Gothia?) and Mercers. I've not heard from any of them since deafult which was early last year. However, upon checking Three hasn't been sent to DCA as of yet, and as it's such a small amount I paid that off last night. Woooo £53 down! :P

TibetanMonk
                    On Debt Row

Comment

Working...
                    X