GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Feels like Charged with Debt and sentenced to Death by Banks :( ...did i do the crime? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feels like Charged with Debt and sentenced to Death by Banks :( ...did i do the crime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feels like Charged with Debt and sentenced to Death by Banks ...did i do the crime?

Before making any decisions I would send off CCA requests to see if any of the agreements are enforceable. When you fight with the support of AAD it becomes easier as there are template letters for most situations, you speak to people who have been I the same situation and you don't have to hide your embarrassment because no one knows you.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Feels like Charged with Debt and sentenced to Death by Banks ...did i do the crime?

great advice ladies, it's huge step when you start to understand the game these creditors play, they will stand on your face for the money, it's only about the money, and in the great scheme of things, there are much more important things than money. so you need to straighten up, get the CCAs away, and stop paying. It's a good idea to try to stick some of the money you've been paying out to the vultures in a wee account, then you start to build up a buffer for yourself, life happens all the time

you're doing great, please look around, and talk to our other posters, everyone here is of a similar state of mind, so you'll find only help and kind words

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        Before making any decisions I would send off CCA requests to see if any of the agreements are enforceable. When you fight with the support of AAD it becomes easier as there are template letters for most situations, you speak to people who have been I the same situation and you don't have to hide your embarrassment because no one knows you.

And no one judges you either, we are all in the same boat, all pretty intelligent people who have just made some bad decisions or allowed ourselves to be scared by the big companies into hiding away, burying our heads and pretending nothing is wrong - until one day we realise we have to deal with it.....and it is scary but everyone here is lovely and they will help you! Try to relax and get some rest, lack of sleep will only make you less able to make good decisions. Oh sorry - welcome to the gang!
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Personally, this is what I would do, firstly I would default on the credit cards, after that if you wish to pay reduced payments, they are likely to accept it for up to a year. Im afraid they wont accept a reduced payment, and will continue to add interest until you do default. Its just how it is.

in the mean time, and before you even discuss payment arrangements with them, id send off a CCA Request.

The egg card which is now with Barclays is likely to be unenforceable for a start.

This is just what id do, you must consider the effect on your credit file before taking any of my advise.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Stressedout,

I just wanted to pop in and echo what has been said already: You are in good hands here and there are lots of members on-line at various times who will be able to offer support.
            Its a horrible feeling initially; i too felt there was no way out and its a very lonely feeling. However, its a really good feeling when you learn exactly how these parasites work.

Good luck with it all (try and get a diary together to enable the members to help you best)

Cheers
            SA
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
            X