GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt has finally got unmanageable...help! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt has finally got unmanageable...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt has finally got unmanageable...help!

That will be brilliant...and something no other debt forums offer

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      That will be brilliant...and something no other debt forums offer
      Most of what we offer here is unheard of at other forums. We have the best and most experienced/knowledgable mods/posters; we guarantee a spam and hassle free environment; we promise never to leave users in the shit and best, we offer various resources to users to assist them in their fight against the system. And we are free to post privately, no silly annual fee is required.

To be honest, one other forum tried to copy us by forming a company, going DPA and stealing our old preferred solicitor
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Mentioning no names of course

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Our eAddress service - coming soon . . . Yes that's right, we will soon offer a unique address that you can offer your creditors for as little as £18 per year.

That will so much cheaper than Royal Mail which charges £50 pa for UK redirection and a whopping £198 for Overseas.

Of course the added bonus will be that the OP can read his creditors' mail in an internet cafe or on the beach in Thailand

Comment

Hi Guys,

Quick update, I have managed to borrow a wee bit of money from family to keep HMRC at bay for the time being although they want me to do an I&E over the telephone tommorrow, eeek! I also had a bill from my electricity supplier who seem to think i owe them over 1k!! But on a brighter note i put my house on the market on friday and have already had 2 full asking price offers

What do you guys think i should do with regards to my credit and loan accounts, obviously I can't really afford to pay them right now as hmrc are more important , should i write to them and say i can only offer a £1 ?

Comment

yes you can do that. Even if they decline, still pay them £1 per month anyway, as should the worst happen, it will be in your favour to show that you still tried to honour your commitments. Right now HMRC are a priority.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey guys,

Just a little update the house is still in the process of being sold but it is now 2.5 weeks in with no chain so shouldn't take to long. I have had to borrow 3k to pay hmrc to keep them happy, they wanted me to do an I&E but i haven't bothered as i know i will pay them off soon enough. I paid my unsecured crap the usual payments last month so i don't rock the boat before my house is sold. Once that's gone its time to move onto the flats and get rid of them which is going to be more tricky with tenants in there.

For those of you that had read my post about the business overdraft debt from an old business I had to get Andew involved from the recommended solicitor's here so that they didn't take me to court. I made a full and final offer at the start of the year but so far we have not heard back which suits me right now as i had to use the money for HMRC!

The final hurdle is in sight and i actually feel liberated in my decisions to sell everything. I am planning a new life away from this slave like life i have been living for the last few years. I want to thank everyone here as without you all i would have been bankrupt or worse a long time ago. I still owe a ridiculous amount of money but finally i can see a new life ahead that is filled with adventure rather than sitting at home worrying all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by globalcrossings View Post
                  its time to move onto the flats and get rid of them which is going to be more tricky with tenants in there.
                  Let me help you with that issue

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                    Let me help you with that issue
                    I will be more than happy with any help thanks I have a tenant in one flat that is 2 months in arrears. The deposits were not put into the proper scheme. The tenants are on month to month rolling contracts. I would be happy to sell with them in or out! But first I would like to get rid of my house then move on to the flats, I can only deal with so much at one time

Comment

Originally posted by globalcrossings View Post
                      I will be more than happy with any help thanks I have a tenant in one flat that is 2 months in arrears. The deposits were not put into the proper scheme. The tenants are on month to month rolling contracts. I would be happy to sell with them in or out!
                      Ok when the time is right I'll help you. You can't lawfully remove/evict your tenants while the deposits are not in a scheme (you can do this retrospectively) but that sounds like a small problem in the grand scheme of things. Although it's possible that you won't be able to sell the properties until this issue has been sorted.

We'll start a new thread for you when the time comes

Comment

Working...
                      X