GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt With Bipolar Condition Barclaycard will not issue Default on my account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt With Bipolar Condition Barclaycard will not issue Default on my account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt With Bipolar Condition Barclaycard will not issue Default on my account

ps an AP is totally different, that means you'd agreed to repay less, ie a formal agreement to pay less. If so then so long as that agreement was in place, the lender can (and will) record it as an AP and not default you.

If you had a default then you started paying into the debt, they cannot remove the default and add a AP - as a default is the worse status and once you get defaulted, it stays as you can only be defaulted once per debt can't you??

So maybe elaborate more so we can see if we can assist but whatever you do don't jump in with a FOS complaint as you must first complain to the business and personally I'd utilise the ICO as well.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Debt With Bipolar Condition Barclaycard will not issue Default on my account

OK, I've started a diary and I have just mailed over the paperwork for the loan. Maybe once you've confirmed whether it's enforcable or UE then I will send you some notes on what's happened so far with regards to the ATP complaint

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggle61 View Post
        Really interested in this.... I have ATP showing from NRAM personal loan and all my other accounts were defaulted four years ago so I asked them to apply a retrospective default. They refused, I called the ICO who were vague and told me to write to the FOS which I have done.
        Did the company issue you with a formal final response? If they did, then bear in mind that there is a 6 month time limit for taking to the FOS, subject to certain conditions and exceptions.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...time-limit.htm
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
          Did the company issue you with a formal final response? If they did, then bear in mind that there is a 6 month time limit for taking to the FOS, subject to certain conditions and exceptions.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...time-limit.htm
          Yes, I sent off the complaint within two weeks.

Comment

Get on and put in a formal complaint with the ICO then, if you haven't done already.

http://ico.org.uk/complaints/handlin...te_information
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You can copy the FOS complaint and send that pretty much to the ICO as a "see attached" but outline the complaint directly first. Stick to facts and don't waffle nonsense lol - it's easy to rant, but stick to the facts if you can
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes, although I would say that you need to stress data accuracy with the ICO and their guidelines.

With the FOS they can take that into account, but they primarily look to whether they think you have been treated "fairly", which doesn't always tally exactly with the law or guidelines.

Comment

Working...
                X