GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How to communicate with DCA's etc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to communicate with DCA's etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to communicate with DCA's etc

Personally, i think some of it is down to personal choice, and some should always be sent RD.

CCA Request, def RD always, because you will always want to prove the CCA Request was made, say for example, they dont respond to it, which some of mine havent. at least i can prove i did request it, just incase i do get papers through the door one day.

Responding to general letters, i admit i send normal post, i cant afford to send everything RD all the time, and when you have 6 or 7 DCA's on your back. £1.55 can easily turn in to over £10 a week.

In my personal view, when you build up a nice collection of letters and replys to your own letters, i would like to think that, that in itself would prove to the DJ that the probability is, a letter was sent, if the DCA trys to deny it. As you say, good papertrail should be evidence in itself that its likely you would have sent that letter as you arnt seen to avoid things.

I think replys to LBA's should prob also be sent RD just to cover your back and meet any timescales.
    Last edited by SXGuy; 18 November 2012, 23:04.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just to mention over here what I was going to say in the diary thread ...

I can see the various merits of what is being discussed, but as for DCAs and emails, I'm not keen on the idea. Six postal deliveries a week is nice and manageable (and predictable) without the thought of DCA emails pinging in at any and all hours without warning and ruffling my feathers ... also I stocked up on fifty gross of stamps or thereabouts before they whacked the prices sky-high earlier in the year which does help ...

As well as all the other points mentioned, the fact that I only have to deal with the postal delivery once a day, deal with what is or isn't there, and then forget about it (or seek advice from AAD of course!) -- well, this I really like. Sundays in particular are nice as you know that no nasty letters are going to arrive!

I've got thousands of emails in my inbox -- I really need to set aside an afternoon where I'm going to go through the whole bloody lot and get rid of the 90% that are useless, or at least set up a proper archive with folders (rather than a half-arsed archive with folders). There's a decluttering consultant woman who says on her blog: "Whenever I check email, I file every message, leaving me with an empty inbox".

(I've just found the link and she has a lot of great tips, particularly in the "3. Archive" section here -->> You've got mail! Lots of it! . Now all I have to do is act on this advice and sort it out myself. Wow. Clean empty inbox with everything sorted away ... can you imagine? )

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
        As well as all the other points mentioned, the fact that I only have to deal with the postal delivery once a day, deal with what is or isn't there, and then forget about it (or seek advice from AAD of course!) -- well, this I really like. Sundays in particular are nice as you know that no nasty letters are going to arrive!
        Exactly how i think about it as well!!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          If you are sending any formal letter then the best advice will always be recorded delivery as this also provides proof you did indeed post it.

Email and/or other system generated mail is fine for basic "go to hell" replies etc but if you are arguing the finer points then it is always best to use snail mail. PDL's are an exception as they use email for everything, so obviously if you get a contact email address use it.

There is no hard-fast right or wrong, it is personal preference but if you respond to CCA related stuff then always send via Royal Mail.

Have always sent my letters R/D wether they have been signed for dont know never bother to check, but have always received a letter from dcas thanking me for my correspondance and they will contact me again ect ect so I believe paper trail and R/D is best option.

Comment

Working...
          X