GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I am at my wits end over this one - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am at my wits end over this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am at my wits end over this one

Hi, just an update, We have had no response from the insurer or the solicitor or anyone, it is a month now. Can we consider it closed, and ignore or ought we to write to them saying that as they have not responded in the 14 days that we take this to be their acknowledgement of it all being their fault and they will leave us alone now as it is closed?

Comment

Personally, I would demand an answer, otherwise this will be niggling you (your daughter).

See what others have to say...
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I think one of the important considerations here is not to rush things. I know everybody wants a solution as quickly as they can get one, but that is rarely the way things work. If you are going to go to the Fobbing Off Service with this, you will need to make sure that you have all of the paper evidence you need before you take it there.

I notice Elsa suggested sending an SAR to the insurance company in an earlier post. If you did this, wait for the results before even thinking about taking it further. They have ignored P1's letter, which is a sure sign that they have something to hide. If they are also obstructive in not complying with an SAR, that can only add to the argument. If this happens, make sure you complain to the ICO first, and have evidence of this complaint before you go to the FOS.

I would be looking to send two further follow up letters, to give them every chance to respond. If you give them that many chances and they still ignore, and you have the results of an SAR, you should be in a far better position to make an effective complaint to the FOS.

SH

Comment

Did you send the letter recorded delivery MrsI? Has it been signed for?
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Personally, I would leave it for now.... you have made a formal complaint and they are obliged to respond. As Pixie asked... did you send by rec. delivery?
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks again for the advice. Yes it was sent recorded delivery, and I am happy to wait a bit longer, just needed to be sure that it didn't weaken our argument if we didn't follow up.

Comment

If you sent it recorded delivery (has it been signed for?) then I don't see how it can weaken your argument.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                X