GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Service out of Jurisdiction - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service out of Jurisdiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service out of Jurisdiction

Request for an opinion

I received a bill from a conveyancing solicitor for £800 that I was not happy with and disputed, I made a formal complaint, and the response to my complaint was I had 4 days to pay in full or proceedings would immediately commence, I was on holiday at the time and forwarded my holiday address for service, I did not indicate when I would be back in the UK just said I was not in the UK, there was no reply to this.

This happened 1 year ago and I have not heard anything back regarding the bill, the solicitor was very aggressive with me, and I want to ask people how likely it would be he would attempt to serve me out of the Jurisdiction just to increase costs, where his claim could breach the £5000 bankruptcy threshold?

My question might sound irrational but I get anxious and want reassurance, I am not too concerned about any CCJ for £800, it's the potential insolvency risk I found worrying as the claimant was quite nasty.

Hi

I think you need legal assistance, not debt assistance. Best to get a free initial consultation with another solicitor if you need reassurance.

Comment

Working...
    X