GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script REFORMING the Consumer Credit Act Consultation update. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REFORMING the Consumer Credit Act Consultation update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REFORMING the Consumer Credit Act Consultation update.

Reforming the Consumer Credit Act 1974

GOV.UK
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk › file
    11 Jul 2023 — Reform to the CCA will look to build on the findings of the FCA's. Retained Provisions Report in 20191 and the Woolard Review2 in. 2021. In ...
    34 pages
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

The Civil Procedure (Amendment No.2) Rules 2023 come into force on 1 October 2023. The aim of this rule change is to ensure that legal costs are more certain and proportionate across a wider range of civil claims.

There are now four tracks—

(a) the small claims track;

(b) the fast track;

(c) the intermediate track; and

(d) the multi-track.

A new intermediate track and corresponding fixed recoverable costs for less complex claims valued at more than £25,000, but not more than £100,000.

The extension of fixed recoverable costs to all civil claims across the fast track, including a new process and separate table of costs for Noise Induced Hearing Loss claims valued up to £25,000.

Fixed recoverable costs will apply to all cases in the fast track and the new intermediate track, with some limited exceptions.

Rule 45.10 sets out specific provisions for vulnerable parties and witnesses under the extended fixed recoverable costs regime.

The arrangements for Part 36 offers to settle in low value personal injury cases already subject to fixed recoverable costs have been updated to cover all fixed recoverable costs claims.

Changes are also going to be made to Part 36. The Rules update the arrangements regarding Part 36 offers to cover claims in the fast and intermediate tracks. In respect of those claims, where judgment against the defendant is at least as advantageous to the claimant as the claimant’s Part 36 offer, rule 36.24 provides that costs will no longer be awarded on the indemnity basis under rule 36.17(4), but will instead be a percentage (35%) of the costs specified and calculated in accordance with rule 36.24(5).

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2023/572/pdfs/u
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 12 October 2023, 03:50.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X