GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script WELL 2023 approaching - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WELL 2023 approaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WELL 2023 approaching

The next year for many will be very tough on coming out of Winter period, people will be finding they are behind on loans / credit cards etc etc etc., can see we will get busy throughout the year and maybe beyond.

The government and bankers etc (You know the ones that sat their and stated "I apologize for our actions that brought country to its knees in 2008 "in the enquiry and got away with it:- they will not be open/honest and ease off interest rates and slamming court cases through the court system which will fail the people again.> = law for one & law for another!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

I hope that people needing help in dealing with creditors/DCAs find their way to AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      The next year for many will be very tough on coming out of Winter period, people will be finding they are behind on loans / credit cards etc etc etc., can see we will get busy throughout the year and maybe beyond.

The government and bankers etc (You know the ones that sat their and stated "I apologize for our actions that brought country to its knees in 2008 "in the enquiry and got away with it:- they will not be open/honest and ease off interest rates and slamming court cases through the court system which will fail the people again.> = law for one & law for another!
      Wow, a Christmas message like I’ve never seen before!!
      Glad tidings to you too ??

Comment

Wholeheartedly agree with The Tech Clerk, but everyone knows the 'Establishment' will look after themselves before anything else.
        Seasons greetings to all.

Comment

I have noticed that certain Companies such as Vodaphone and British Gas appearing on Credit Reference Agencies Reports.
          One DCA deliberately making HARD searches which will remain for 2 years on record.

So there is a blurring over what is Credit and hence reported and what isn't.

Boundary lines are being redrawn and tactics changing. My advice is actually to use the CHAT facilities rather than phone. Where a copy of the CHAT is held by you and in writing! As you know records are routinely destroyed after so many years and that Phone Call and perhaps their copy of the CHAT vanishes. BUT you have that CHAT record in your records!

Yes this is a global deep recession and many will Fall into Debt their Credit destroyed and have their lives plagued! AAD knows by bitter experience just what is coming 2023! The Establishment certainly in the last few years talks talks and well nothing happens does it!
          Last edited by Roger; 8 December 2022, 15:11.

Comment

British Gas have put a lot of Business out of business with foreclosures on debts (Usual BG methods). It has been reported it seems.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              British Gas have put a lot of Business out of business with foreclosures on debts (Usual BG methods). It has been reported it seems.
              Yes nasty company to deal with. They look at your Account half yearly. Most firms will give you a monthly account of usage and hence you know the costs monthly and can watch your budget accordingly.
              NOT British Gas you don't know what the costs are until six months down the line!
              Half yearly invoicing might work on a fixed price BUT its a nightmare on a monthly variable account.

They are owned by Centrica so who owns Centrica
              What Kind Of Shareholders Hold The Majority In Centrica plc's (LON:CNA) Shares? (yahoo.com)
              Last edited by Roger; 9 December 2022, 07:03.

Comment

we were with BG many moons ago, paying by monthly DD, we were £400 in credit at the start of the summer so asked for a refund, got it, but they increased the DD by £50, when asked why, they said because we had got a refund ,we would owe them more at the end of the quarter? they didn't think DD at the old ammount would cover it.
                told them to leave at old ammount.
                Guess what, end of year we were in credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  No surprise as to who the top shareholder is.

Comment

Working...
                  X