GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Desperate for some honest advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperate for some honest advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate for some honest advice

I ploughed myself into a significant amount of debt during covid. Not because I wasn’t working, or that I had a sensible use for the money. I had a severe mental health break and acted completely irresponsibly. I’m now in a situation where I’m paying a huge part of my pay check as soon as i’m paid just to cover arrears I can’t even keep track of. I know I’m further damaging my pitiful credit score by burying my head in the sand, but I’ve worked hard to get my mental health back in a good place, and I now desperately need to tackle this very scary mess I’ve made. Any frank advice would be truly appreciated, I feel like I’ve ruined my life, for absolutely no reason, and I’m completely ignorant on how to get back in control. I’m not looking for a quick fix (I have some money saved already, specifically to clear my debt) I just have no idea how to make a plan, please please help.

Hello!

Would you please start a diary for any/each alledged debt that gives us an idea of factual situation:-

Type of account:
    Date commenced:
    Approx balance: £
    Date last
    Current status:
    Assigned:
    Account Owner:

We do not judge people on here so try to relax as best as you can, but give us details in the diaries on this thread for each debt and date what action taken etc> please look around the site and see how we tend to try and help okay?
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 28 October 2022, 09:18.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X