GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PENSION CREDIT?SAVINGS element reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PENSION CREDIT?SAVINGS element reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PENSION CREDIT?SAVINGS element reclaim

04/08/2022 = well it does not end the difficulties encountered! = letter today stating you have been over paid pension savings credit for 5 years. you did not tell us wife small pension received 2017/8? you owe us £3xxx.xx pay us in full or ring to set up repayment amount within 30 days,

so they have decided to deduct £5x.5x per week out of my state pension until October 2023.., leaves me about £104.00 state pension per week., do I want to ask different (that is what they will take? 40 Percent pf pension deducted!?
    ) I pointed out I do NOT intend paying for the rest of my life as my age is a factor if I survive long enough! urgg get it over and done with., I cannot prove the letter 2019 states thanks telling us (but not what) then moved to savings element only. If i need to get review contact another number? I said I have been on hold for 45minutes cut off and another 40 minutes no reply. .

Also stated I will not even try any benefits as not worth the grief, but you did not tell us = yes I did (no proof only their letter thanks for change of circumstances).

I also pointed out the letter stated my pensions increased (small ones) I pointed as tax people gave me wifes unused allowance for the year, last year or so.

Also included is a penalty charge £50.00 for not reporting.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 August 2022, 16:58.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Why this government spends billions on silly extra this that the other cost more than they give (you know from our monies not theirs) and give everybody same payment of pensions cost effective to do that. civil service people cut by x 1x3/rd.??
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 August 2022, 07:16.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

.benifits are a joke. Hubby is is the Nursing home still, as no care in community available for his needs, so..
      He gets his pension from Fire service and state pension all taken to pay for his Nursing home, less £24.90 per week for his personal needs allowance.
      as I have 2 months to wait before I can claim my own pension, + cannot work as if he comes home soon have to be 24 hr carer, they allow me half his works pension, that is eaten up with household bills and bus fares to visit him every day.
      Had to get the car returned as couldn't afford to run it, stopped paying his CC bills as no money left to pay them
      can I claim anything
      NO. because benifits take all his income into account but disreguard the fact I am paying all his income to local aurthority for his care.
      tried for a grant for alterations to the house for him,
      Because he isn't claiming Attendance allowance,I have to put up £18,000 first. if I had £18,000 I wouldn't need the soddin grant would I.
      Can't claim AA till he is home, can't get him home as need the grant for a ramp as he is unable stand let alone walk, so can't get him in the house without a ramp.
      OT sugged I try for a loan, I will not say what I called her, but brainless did come into it + I asked her if she knew of anywhere that may lend me a couple of grand when I only have 2.95 left to pay it back at the end of the month and that's if I don't eat.

Comment

It is sick joke. NO compassion in this country unless you are from abroad and never contributed
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 5 August 2022, 21:23.

Comment

5/08/3033 = Well well never ending!!!!!!!!

Within 12 hours of telecom pension credit call yesterday:- the Council Tax department letter arrived next morning :- a review needed as they have been told that update on situation from pensions credit department it has been stopped so Council tax benefit stopped as well.
          I must provide documents/statements/savings etc etc etc, within 30 days meantime benefits stopped (i just posted bank details for a refund they said they owed me this morning .

So no pension credit (already stopped few years ago., no savings credit (she could not tell what that refers to actually as I asked, told me to contact the other people,), the ones who will not answer phone after 2 hours. wonder if I should ask for money for Gold Wall Paper? Law for one and a law for another. urgghhh and they tell me inter-department update on pension income etc etc etc?? well it did not work this time at pension credit.?
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 7 August 2022, 08:23.

Comment

08/08/2022 = Council Tax Office - Counter states no appointment & counter? make one Telecon (the same counter staff who knew I had the file in my hand as she looked at it?? ) to me no need appointment put requirements in envelope hand into counter, so home & then back closed for long lunch found big mail box (full up) put in there.
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 9 August 2022, 06:39.

Comment

DWP and HMRC work very closely together, and share information often. This is because benefits and pensions are affected by how much you earn and the National Insurance contributions you have paid. Benefits, pensions and other payments you receive from DWP affect how much tax you have to pay, or tax credits that HMRC pay you.

DWP and HMRC can use the same reference number to identify people – your National Insurance number. DWP and HMRC are jointly responsible for deciding how National Insurance numbers can be used, who can use them, and the other personal information associated with them.

DWP and HMRC both use the same computer system (the Customer Information System) to keep a record of which National Insurance number relates to which person, and to record basic information about everyone who has a National Insurance number.

So the information must of been seen on the computer base?

Comment

17/08/2022 = Council tax a couple days ago returned paperwork stating no further request for documents, decision soon.
                20/08/2022 = Council tax demand for just under £200.00, so my guess was not far out for 8 months ahead and some very small amounts in underpaid, they have been paid now.
                2108/2022 = Have sent an Email to local citizens advice asking for help in respect of Attendance Allowance upgrade as circumstances have got worse since they helped originally. so will await hopefully help to obtain.
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 22 August 2022, 09:53.

Comment

22/08/2022 = Well deductions of £55+ started to be taken from state pension, so just over £100 take home pension per week, thank goodness I have small personal pensions will be a struggle with inflation. so basically no pension savings credit due to having too much by ???? wait for it!!!!! wait for it !!!! wait for it!!!! £4 per week, so have to pay quadruple that if services needed, no free this/ that /other!

pathetic country, keep the people broke and no revolution, and we fat cats live off them because they so worried nobody will go against us.

As reported previously paid council tax adjustment ( claim for over payment prior to final bill = credited me £84.00, that helps a bit. so they paid overpayment?) oh! well move on.
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 22 August 2022, 09:55.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    DWP and HMRC work very closely together, and share information often. This is because benefits and pensions are affected by how much you earn and the National Insurance contributions you have paid. Benefits, pensions and other payments you receive from DWP affect how much tax you have to pay, or tax credits that HMRC pay you.

DWP and HMRC can use the same reference number to identify people – your National Insurance number. DWP and HMRC are jointly responsible for deciding how National Insurance numbers can be used, who can use them, and the other personal information associated with them.

DWP and HMRC both use the same computer system (the Customer Information System) to keep a record of which National Insurance number relates to which person, and to record basic information about everyone who has a National Insurance number.

So the information must of been seen on the computer base?

4/10/22 = Phone call just now from DWP appeals stating that they do not use the same computer as HMRC, as failure to inform them that I get a couple quid a month extra due to claiming un-used wifes tax allowance, And if I want to ring the department who is taking weekly £55+ off pension every week and say reduce weekly amount, asked questions all I got was blank wall and repeat ring those people and get reduce repayment ( no I will not pay until I am 100)., and I stated before you were born I was paying for your upkeep and others and am too old for nonsense as I do not have a crystal ball to know everything, if I advised by HMRC to claim small amount
                    of less than £6 a month then how come you take £14.00 and to say the least. urgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anybody got gold wallpaper give it back as it was my pitance money paid for it.

And forgot to ask why they had 5 years to contact regarding matter and leave it to near 6 year statute barred (acting like debt collectors)., that was in the complaint no response.
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 October 2022, 15:47.

Comment

31/10/2022 - Freedom of information act I requested a subject matter:- does the HMRC & Pension Credit departments use the same computer system,, took them 20 days after I had to chase for a response:-

Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA)

Thank you for your request, which was received on 8 October, for the following information:
                      “Does the HMRC computer connect to the Department of works & pensions for both parties
                      to see records of a person's information and latest updates? & reverse use from them ??”
                      Our response
                      We can confirm the computer systems of HMRC and the Department for Work and Pensions
                      are not directly connected.
                      Both departments use Searchlight, an application that acts as a portal to the other
                      department’s customer information. Searchlight is a passive, read-only, browser-based
                      system within HMRC and any data that is presented by Searchlight is from DWP systems
                      and not anything hosted by HMRC.

You can learn more about Searchlight at: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/2018/05/21/success-
                      for-searchlight/

If you are not satisfied with our reply, you may request a review within 40 working days of
                      receiving this letter by emailing foi.review@hmrc.gov.uk or by writing to our address at the
                      top.

You can learn more about Searchlight at: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/2018/05/21/success-
                      for-searchlight/

If you are not satisfied with our reply, you may request a review within 40 working days of
                      receiving this letter by emailing foi.review@hmrc.gov.uk or by writing to our address at the
                      top.
                      If you are not content with the outcome of an internal review you can complain to the
                      Information Commissioner’s Office.

Yours sincerely,

the reference sites were not working so I informed them - they are now operative.

Makes me feel that the delay taken was one department asking the other why I would request such? never trust them prior request in past acknowledgements within 24 hrs and 7 days later full responses.

Comment

Working...
                      X