GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statute barred or not? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statute barred or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would NOT assume Statue Barred at this time with the extremely flimsy information you have supplied!
    Far more information is required. What information for instance on your Credit Reports if any?
    MY ADVICE IS NOT TO PRESUME ANYTHING AT THIS TIME!
    Send whatever you have to Colin G Quinn

Comment

I’m not sure how to do a diary but here goes

loan start date. 02/13
      last full payment. 04/14
      no contact at all since then from me
      HAs dropped off credit file
      no payment plans
      no debt management
      default notice. 09/14
      no statements received at all since then which according to the legal people here, the account is no longer live.

Comment

Amount still owed 7k

Comment

Under the Consumer Credit Act
          There is a legal requirement to send

1/ A Notice Of Sums In Arrears

This isn't to be confused with a
          2/ Default Notice which will ALWAYS show the Outstanding DEBT which will become immediately payable if the outstanding payments are not met.

These are two DIFFERENT Legal Documents

you say " there is a default notices for small sums. Not the entire amount .." which looks like 1/ above BUT it needs to be sent to someone who knows such documents and the LAW

You still haven't indicated the Original Creditor (Bank or otherwise) Or where Cabot became the owners OR were they used as Debt Collectors by the Original Creditor?

PERSONALLY I WOULDN'T ASSUME THIS WAS STATUTE BARRED UNTIL THIS IS HAS BEEN PROPERLY REVIEWED BY A LAWYER.

I can understand your reluctance to reveal what you consider matters which might identify you and or your Debtor. But we have all be where you are and without MORE detail its simply a guess isn't it.

I don't think that AAD can help anymore than has been done to date.
          BUT DO NOT ASSUME THAT THIS IS STATUTE BARRED !

Comment

Ok. Thanks. I won’t take it lightly.

and if they haven’t served a valid default notice is it now too late for them to serve one after all these years or could they serve one now?

Comment

Also Cabot have been reporting on the credit file with a default date until it fell off after six years

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                PERSONALLY I WOULDN'T ASSUME THIS WAS STATUTE BARRED UNTIL THIS IS HAS BEEN PROPERLY REVIEWED BY A LAWYER.

I can understand your reluctance to reveal what you consider matters which might identify you and or your Debtor. But we have all be where you are and without MORE detail its simply a guess isn't it.

I don't think that AAD can help anymore than has been done to date.
                BUT DO NOT ASSUME THAT THIS IS STATUTE BARRED !
                Unfortunately, it is a common occurrence these days with new members, that getting all the pertinent information is like pulling teeth. No useful help can be given to people who, for whatever reason, seek advice obliquely and withhold the full background to the issue.

Comment

If you look back through the thread I have supplied pretty much everything asked for. I’m not what else is required

Comment

Originally posted by Mmmmm11 View Post
                    If you look back through the thread I have supplied pretty much everything asked for. I’m not what else is required
                    Still Waving
                    ".. Unfortunately, it is a common occurrence these days with new members, that getting all the pertinent information is like pulling teeth. No useful help can be given to people who, for whatever reason, seek advice obliquely and withhold the full background to the issue. .."

Top right hand is a search facility
                    There are excellent examples of good Diaries in AAD with full background.

Good Diaries make for Good decisions If you are confident why are you still persisting?

I would simply repeat on the little that you have provided
                    ".. I don't think that AAD can help anymore than has been done to date.
                    BUT DO NOT ASSUME THAT THIS IS STATUTE BARRED ! .."

Comment

Sorry but pretty sure you don’t speak for everyone.
                      persisting in what exactly?? Confident in what. ? I wouldn’t be here if I was confident.

at no stage after signing up here has there been a requirement to do a diary. I didn’t even know what one was. . I’ve provided pretty much everything asked. Reticently. Yes. But understandabley so. Please get off your high horse

Comment

You were requested to start a diary and update as such when necessary, that area will contain (if updated) all latest information for people to advise etc., we are volunteers and as such only politely ask for diaries as to keep a section in one place and not have to refer back to posting sometimes pages prior. that is how we work, not a difficult task but effective. abusing or arguing on here is deemed unnecessary. alternative there are other sites or even solicitors who can possibly help you.

Forthwith I will monitor your thread and assist where possible, BUT no discussion on the way we operate unless of a matter useful to others.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I haven’t started an argument nor have I been abusive. I have received great advice which I am very grateful for. If this person doesn’t want help then that’s his prerogative. But he doesn’t need to speak for everyone against me

Comment

Hello Mmmmm11

Our sole reason for being members of this site it to assist other people who are struggling or attempting to deal with their Debts

As others have said, We are all volunteers here who have in one way or another been involved with or been through having debts etc. Many have been through the whole process and come out the other side debt free and in a much happier place. In turn the help and assistance they have received here has prompted them to give a little back and volunteer their time to assist others. We are one big family and help each other

The people who have answered your posts are extremely knowledgeable people who have a wealth of experience with their own personal affairs and many years on here helping others. Many of these have some quite extensive and specific legal knowledge which they kindly volunteer to assist and point you in the right direction.

Roger and Still waving give huge amounts of their own personal time to help people and have always offered very sound assistance. Tech Clerk and Never in doubt have years of experience and you could not meet two people who would work harder to offer help. As a forum we have seen so many people gain the control back from creditors or beaten them in circumstances like yours where a little expert knowledge is the key to ensuring you get a fair and legal outcome despite what can be some questionable tactics from Debt Collection companies. You will no doubt appreciate that they cannot give you correct information unless they are in possession of the full facts and thats all they are asking for

Nobody is accusing you of anything and all we want to do is help, After all, You joined the forum for a reason, Presumably to get some help? You must understand that to question those who are volunteering their time to help you and are fundamental to the running of this site is going to be met with some challenge ?

Everyone on here is fully aware of your fears about giving anything personal away that could potentially identify you etc, Indeed the moderators and site team would see anything personal and delete it to protect you. We all look out for each other

Maybe take some time to have a look around the site and assure yourself of the help we provide. We will help you but you have to help yourself too

Nothing would be better than to see you get the positive outcome you are seeking
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                            X