GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Selling house - CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling house - CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling house - CCJ

Hi all

could i ask for advice please,

I have a CCJ from 2007 to RBS loan who i have paid £1 month for the last 14 years, moorcroft have taken over the debt in recent years.

Ok I have decided to sell my house and rent for the time being, thus giving me a lump sum of £££
    i would like to pay a FFS to them to clear the debt, i have in fact had an offer off moorcroft i would like to except, but obviously i cannot do this until my house is sold/completed. so on the day i complete my house sale and then speak to moorcroft to pay the offer will this work against me as i have sold my house, would they find out about the sale ?

thanks in advance
    regards
    Marling

Moorcroft are only collection agents., question ? did you have a charging order on the house??? if not there is no problem, @colin any comment?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Fill this out:- better idea of situation even with CCJ?
      • Type of account -
      • Date commenced -
      • Approx balance -
      • Date last 'full' payment -
      • Arrangement -
      • Status - CCJ in place
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

TOA: loan
        DATE START: approx 2004
        BALANCE: 13k
        LAST FP : the loan 2008 - ccj £1 this month
        ARRANGEMENT: £1 to moorcroft

hope i answered correctly
        regards

Comment

good - no charging order mostly charging orders after 2012 after a limit of £1000. any sale will not be affected as they would not know and no charging order so solicitor can complete without knowledge as it is not relevant in this case,

Comment

many thanks, so day after sale i can call up and make a FFS yes ? or do you think i should carry on paying £1 however i will have £££ in the bank so if they wanted a financial breakdown further down the line would i have to pay the full balanace ?

regards

Comment

how long ago was the offer? & how much off?

Comment

Warwick65

Comment

Purely a personal view, but £1 per month is not exactly taxing so I would not be inclined to rush to pay a lump sum.

My (limited) understanding is that CCJs remain on the credit file for 6 years, so after all this time should not be appearing on yours. I believe that after 6 years the CCJ should also no longer show on the Public Register of Judgments, even if it has not been paid off.

Comment

2 weeks ago - 70% off
                    dont understand post 8

thanks TC

Comment

asking warwick to pop in and advise. by the way CCJ never get barred until paid, may not show but they can chase.

Comment

so i am best going with a FFS you think ?

Comment

get it in writing stating any balance will not be passed on! if you are happy to get it out the way, do not mention selling home, they would ask for more if you did no doubt.

Comment

thanks for your time Tech Clerk

Comment

".. I have a CCJ from 2007 to RBS loan who i have paid £1 month for the last 14 years, moorcroft have taken over the debt in recent years. .."

Without going into the Past but whenever I see a £13,000 on I presume an UNSECURED 2004 LOAN raises all sorts of questions over how that CCJ came to pass!
                              Was this contested or by default? Because I suspect YOU are the Victim here!
                              Was this £1 per month agreed as part of the CCJ or otherwise. Either way its been going on for what 13/14 years or so!

The biggest plus fact is NO Charge on your property!

Now lets look at your best position rather than Moorcroft!!
                              My first advice is actually ignore anything Moorcroft send or otherwise and NEVER COMPLETE a Income & Expenditure form!
                              (I used to say thankyou for writing my circumstances have change and the Standing Oder will now reduce from £1 to 50p per month!)

Because they are fishing for more of your hard earned monies! Don't take the bait!!

£1 per month for every under a CCJ is a brilliant position for you to be in! Don't rock the boat! Continue to pay never offer anything more!

The Sale of your property will bring in Capitol that is not income!
                              There is No reason for telling Moorcroft or otherwise, no reason to advise of change of address for instance!
                              Just as long as you pay that £1 per month!!
                              On your demise or perhaps health care etc.. whose going to pay the £1 per month because its an unsecured debt!

Put yourself and your needs first! The best advice is SILENCE and enjoy the rest of your Life £12 per annum on a £13k debt going to take over 1000 years!!

Moorcroft have brought a Debt that is costing them more in postage(s) than Income!

Comment

Working...
                              X