GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice over a dispute with Worldpay now (FIS GLOBAL) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice over a dispute with Worldpay now (FIS GLOBAL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice over a dispute with Worldpay now (FIS GLOBAL)

Good afternoon,

I have been a Worldpay customer since 2017 for use in our business, at the start of the covid pandemic I contact Worldpay and asked for my account to be closed, I knew I was out of contract and could cancel anytime without penalty. I was contacted by WP in early September to inform me there was and outstanding balance on my account, in addition to some fees that were due, this amount equated to 3000.00 , however they had also been charging me for usage of the card payment facilities for the 6 months after my cancellation.

I lodged a formal complaint as they had advised me that the cancellation process was not followed correctly and they now say that they cannot find a call log of my cancellation, so they will not be treating my complaint as valid. They formally cancelled my account again for the second time in late September and informed me that I would receive the details of this by post, along with a prepaid envelope to return my card terminals. Both as of today I still haven't received.

I spoke to a very helpful person in their collections team and they advised me that once the true balance has been determined (I agree that something is owing regardless) that they would be happy to discuss a prolonged payment plan as my industry (events/hospitality) has been greatly affected by the pandemic.

However I had a call from another member of their team today who informs me that if I don't pay the full balance in 30 days that they will proceed with collections which may include forcing me into bankruptcy. This gentleman today was the polar opposite of his colleague who agreed they would do their upmost to allow a very affordable plan.

My question is where do i go next? they have dismissed my complaint and I am unsure how to proceed. I would very much like to make sure they have to halt any collections activity until this is dealt with in a satisfactory manner.

I have done some research and this seems to be a common complaint with Worldpay over the last 18 months, where call haven't been logged, procedures not being advised to the customer, and calls being terminated and not logged thereafter.

I have been a customer since 2018, never signed a formal contract by hand and would like to know how I can proceed to get them to halt activity or to get some action at getting this looked at in more detail.

Thank you in advance,

Mr & Mrs H

A quick question: do you have any Business Interruption insurance?

If there’s doubt being cast on whether you did register your cancellation then maybe send them a SAR to see what data/calls have been logged, although from what you say there have been other people complaining that information isn’t being recorded.

I called FIS who told me they are FCA authorised so you may be able to escalate your complaint to the FOS. However I’m having difficulty finding anything on FIS website to back that up and not seeing the business on the FCA Register. Perhaps check the precise name of the business on your contract (if you have written one?) or invoices.

Di

Comment

Dear Di,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to me on this matter, I have checked the business name and they're coming up as (Worldpay UK Limited) part of FIS Global.

Would the SAR mean that they would have to hold collection on this matter? being threatened with bankruptcy over such a small amount has knocked me for six if I am honest. Would I need a specific format (letter) that I need to use for a SAR request? and shall I presume this must be done via post.

Just for reference! We used to have 3 card machines with Worldpay, and I have checked my online portal and 2 have been removed since March, which leaves me to believe that something was done at the time of my initial cancellation, however the account wasn't closed as I was told it would be.

I was told by a member of the 'Customer Service' team that they have to follow a specific set of procedures to close the account, and from what she could see this was not done correctly in March, In fact I am still waiting for them to send out the prepaid envelopes for the return of my card machines from the initial and second cancellation.

I am afraid we do not have business interruption insurance. And I do have to admit that I have taken my eye off the ball over the course of the pandemic, and maybe I should've been more vigilant in making sure everything was correctly cancelled, however I just presumed as these guys were in the midst of the same pandemic that maybe they were also up against it too.

Thank you

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by MrsH View Post
        Dear Di,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to me on this matter

Would the SAR mean that they would have to hold collection on this matter? being threatened with bankruptcy over such a small amount has knocked me for six if I am honest.
        No a SAR wouldn’t compel them to hold collection, but a Formal Complaint could especially if it is escalated to the FOS.

Being threatened with bankruptcy is bound to knock you for six but it sounds like you were being bullied over the phone.

However if they wanted to carry out that threat then they would first have to send you a Statutory Demand giving you 18 days to respond. If that happens post on your thread or email me direct (it’s in my signature below).

Start with a complaint in writing to the business and take it from there.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

No a SAR wouldn’t compel them to hold collection, but a Formal Complaint could especially if it is escalated to the FOS.

Being threatened with bankruptcy is bound to knock you for six but it sounds like you were being bullied over the phone.

However if they wanted to carry out that threat then they would first have to send you a Statutory Demand giving you 18 days to respond. If that happens post on your thread or email me direct (it’s in my signature below).

Start with a complaint in writing to the business and take it from there.

Di
          Dear Diana,

Many thanks for your reply and I cant thank you enough for your help, I shall make a start on all of this today. Do I send the formal complaint to the 'Collections Team' or would this need to go to a specific team at Worldpay.

I would imagine they have some formal address for complaints, however I thought I would check quickly. The collections team are contacting me again on the 12th of December, do I engage with them? or just make then aware of the SAR and formal complaint?

Sorry for all of the questions I appreciate how busy you must be.

Kind regards

Mr & Mrs H

Comment

Dear Diana,

Many thanks for your reply and I cant thank you enough for your help, I shall make a start on all of this today. Do I send the formal complaint to the 'Collections Team' or would this need to go to a specific team at Worldpay.

I would imagine they have some formal address for complaints, however I thought I would check quickly. The collections team are contacting me again on the 12th of December, do I engage with them? or just make then aware of the SAR and formal complaint?

Sorry for all of the questions I appreciate how busy you must be.

No need to apologise for asking questions - we like questions because that’s what forums are for.

There should be information about their Complaints Procedure on their website. If it’s not obvious then give them a call and ask them to guide you to it and also send you a copy. Just don’t get into any conversation on the phone about the account.

Cross each bridge as you get to it because you don’t yet know what will happen in response to your Complaint. They may put collection on hold so the call destined for 12th December may never come.

Post on this thread with any updates.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

No need to apologise for asking questions - we like questions because that’s what forums are for.

There should be information about their Complaints Procedure on their website. If it’s not obvious then give them a call and ask them to guide you to it and also send you a copy. Just don’t get into any conversation on the phone about the account.

Cross each bridge as you get to it because you don’t yet know what will happen in response to your Complaint. They may put collection on hold so the call destined for 12th December may never come.

Post on this thread with any updates.

Di

Dear Diana,

Thank you so much for your advice and kindness, I will get this all into action now and will update this thread.

Best safe wishes,

Mr & Mrs H

Comment

Dear Diana,

Thank you so much for your advice and kindness, I will get this all into action now and will update this thread

And in the meantime I’ll take a look at your other Unenforceable thread to help you to get to grips with anything else in your life which may be stressing you.

There are/were PRA debts on there if I remember correctly

Di
                Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 19 November 2020, 23:12. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                X