GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old DN and annual statements - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old DN and annual statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old DN and annual statements

In March 2013 , Santander sent me a S87(1) Default Notice for a current account. I think the date was 5th March but without digging through the files I can not be sure as the letter was undated, however in a letter dated 6th March 2013 they said they would file a default with the CRA's . That was done and is long gone from my credit file. I actually think the DN might be bad as it just said the clause which says you must repay (as opposed the to specific clause number) and also 14 days from service as opposed to a set date but if asked I would say it was a good DN :-)

There was a dispute ongoing but the FOS rules against me by the end of 2013 and since then there have been no communications from me. However, every year I get a statement of account- the opening and closing balance are the same and also match the balance on the DN. I also get the odd email and letter about changes to T&C's.

I have always assumed this debt is long since SB and I just file these letters. As I am a ducks in a row kind of person , anyone got an opinion- am I correct and are Santander just sending me paper for the sake of it?

The account has never been sold although passed around the usual suspects, RW and Wescot and even Moorcroft all ignored.

Any thoughts just to put my mind at rest.

I would say it is SB.

RBS send Hubby a statement every month for his credit card, defaults in 2004, not paid since 2011.
    They did pass it to a DCA, they soon gave it back.
    I did a reclaim for a packaged bank account, they mentioned the CC, I just said it was SB, they said OK.
    yet they still s end the monthly statement.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Statute Barred - England (6 years) if you are sure/advised to send?

Refusal to Accept Statute Barred if needed? and they refuse to accept SB

ยป Final Response - Statute Barred last resort if needed?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not forgetting the Brandon/American Express default judgment Case ( sure still good):- ?

Ian Karl Robert Brandon v American Express Services Europe ...

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          I would say it is SB.

RBS send Hubby a statement every month for his credit card, defaults in 2004, not paid since 2011.
          They did pass it to a DCA, they soon gave it back.
          I did a reclaim for a packaged bank account, they mentioned the CC, I just said it was SB, they said OK.
          yet they still s end the monthly statement.
          Thanks

RBS did that with two cards of mine until they sold them to Cabot UK who then kindly closed the accounts

It just arrived in the post today so I thought I would check to clam my nerves

Comment

Working...
          X