GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice on CCJ situation - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on CCJ situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on CCJ situation

Dear community

I would really appreciate some advice on my situation. I would like to speak to a legal advisor before I go any further and wondered if anybody on here could recommend somebody who is suited to my situation:

Got into 15,000 thousands pounds worth of debt due to gambling I’m 2011

Got my life on the straight and narrow joined a debt management company called Compass debt counsellors. I paid this company 300 pounds a month for 5 years thinking I would be clear after this time. Unfortunately I showed my vulnerability Here in signing up to Compass and my debts were not cleared. They disappeared/went bust and I learnt that none of my debts had been paid off. This really affected me. By this stage I was living abroad in Asia. I am still doing so now. I have ignored the situation for a couple of years as I found it so frustrating even though in essence this was my fault not my creditors. I am now trying to face Up to this problem so that I can return home.

I have checked my credit rating a have 3 CCJs. I want to clear these and make my credit better for if I ever return. I would like to talk to somebody about the best way to clear these debts. I am so reluctant to pay my debts twice but I know that this is the simple answer. I will not be living in Eng for the next two years at least. My ccjs were put down in 2019 (3k)2018 (1k)and 2017(2k). Only one other small dent shows on the credit file. I have tracked them down to pay them off as it is a small amount. I have managed to save up around 4000 to deal with this issue so far.

Hello - welcome:- 1st of all look around and see diaries and start one for each CCJ etc you have, people can the get an idea of stages you are at :- also look around the site and get an idea how we tend to operate?

you state were living in England at that stage? what location now?
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 July 2020, 06:36.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

Thanks. I have looked around the site and have a good idea regarding the rules of CCJs and It is obvious that best way is to try and pay back. Before I tried to do this I wondered if anyone knew about Compass and if this counts for anything. I have proof of payment to them. I also wondered if having a lump some would be helpful even though it only covers around 50 percent of my amount or if it is just best to keep saving - will take a while longer to get the amount. . I currently work in China

Comment

Hello

If you have three CCJs as the result of court claims being issued and served on an address where you were not living at the time (because you were in China?) then you would be looking at getting them set-aside.

If that is achieved then you would have to defend the original claims.

Without knowing the full facts it’s hard to predict your chances of success.

Di

Comment

Thanks for this Diana. Is this a case that it would be possible to talk about with you? Should I contact your personal email provided? If not is there somebody in your company who could help?

Comment

Originally posted by Qwerty1579 View Post
            Thanks for this Diana. Is this a case that it would be possible to talk about with you? Should I contact your personal email provided? If not is there somebody in your company who could help?

Email me in the first instance using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di

Comment

Thank Di

i have sent you an email. Let me know if you don’t receive it.

Comment

joined a debt management company called Compass debt counsellors. I paid this company 300 pounds a month for 5 years thinking I would be clear after this time. . . . my debts were not cleared. They disappeared/went bust and I learnt that none of my debts had been paid off. .

I have checked my credit rating a have 3 CCJs. I want to clear these and make my credit better for if I ever return. I would like to talk to somebody about the best way to clear these debts. I am so reluctant to pay my debts twice but I know that this is the simple answer. I will not be living in Eng for the next two years at least. My ccjs were put down in 2019 (3k)2018 (1k)and 2017(2k).

Compass (the trading name of RMR Financial Services) remains in Liquidation and the three Directors have been disqualified for a total of 29 years > https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d...d-for-29-years

It appears that any assets realised have been 'spent' on the Liquidators fees so nothing left to pay anyone who's lost substantial sums of money > https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

You were not alone in suffering > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ums-money.html

Have you kept any agreement/contract you signed appointing them as your agent and evidence that you paid Compass, such as monthly statements showing which creditor was paid what and when?

Did you also pay money into a pot which Compass told you would be used to make F & F offers to your creditors?

Did you make any PPI reclaims and were they successful if you did?

Were any of the three CCJs from creditors or debt purchasers who were in your DMP?

Can you just post the names of the three Judgment Creditors (the business who obtained the CCJ) and the name of the original creditors for each one too. That will give some idea of what your facing.

I have received you email and replied

Di

Comment

Hi Di

I do have some evidence of payments to Compass. I paid them monthly so could provide a statement from my bank to show I did it every month for five years. I still have a number of statements that show what was being paid and where.

They told me that I would pay into a pot yes but I also made payments to creditors on top. They arranged this so I just made a monthly payment to them.

They contacted me regarding PPR claims. I didn’t think I would have any but filled in some forms regarding this and never heard back. They said if successful it would come off of my debt. Feel pretty silly writing all this now - very naieve.

The three judgements I only know from my credit file so I have a reference number. I looked into one when I first found this out and I know the debt was sold on but I haven’t found out the other two. Should I follow up the reference numbers?

Would you recommend me signing up for Experian or are clear score and credit karma accurate enough?

Appreciate your time. Thank you.

Comment

Managed to find out that one of the CCJs has been sold to a debt firm they are the ones who applied for it. Still looking into the other two.

Comment

Managed to find out that one of the CCJs has been sold to a debt firm they are the ones who applied for it. Still looking into the other two.
                      Progress!

The sooner you know who has obtained these three CCJs the sooner you can begin to tackle the situation.

Di

Comment

Who is the debt purchaser which obtained the first CCJ (Default Judgment)?

Any progress on the other two?

Time is of the essence with set-asides - you need to be seen to make any Application 'promptly' once you discover their existence.

Di

Comment

I've replied to your email

I appreciate residing in China creates communication challenges.

Di

Comment

Working...
                          X