GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Need advice please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice please

Some of our statute barred debts have been sold on to Tuthbridge dca, they are offering 70 percent off . Am i just to ignore these and can I expect this to keep going on forever even though debts are statute barred since 2018 ?
    thanks .
    Also one of hubby's debts which is statute barred is showing up on as unpaid every month and still has a default each month and that should have come off last December , this particular account has been defaulted twice by the look of it . Hubby appealed with karma credit and they investigated and they said the dca is correct in what they are doing .
    Can anyone suggest what we can do please ?

Tuthbridge dca, spelling>> as not known?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
      Some of our statute barred debts have been sold on to Tuthbridge dca, they are offering 70 percent off . Am i just to ignore these and can I expect this to keep going on forever even though debts are statute barred since 2018 ?
      thanks .
      Also one of hubby's debts which is statute barred is showing up on as unpaid every month and still has a default each month and that should have come off last December , this particular account has been defaulted twice by the look of it . Hubby appealed with karma credit and they investigated and they said the dca is correct in what they are doing .
      Can anyone suggest what we can do please ?

Is the history of these two debts posted on your Diary? It’s hard to comment without knowing the specifics.

People often get the Statute Barred date wrong since the Doyle v PRA Court of Appeal case where the Default is relevant if it comes after any last payment or acknowledgement.

Ruthbridge is a Debt Collection Agency so since they cannot issue legal proceedings you can ignore their correspondence after having read and saved it obviously.

The letters will stop eventually.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Is the history of these two debts posted on your Diary? It’s hard to comment without knowing the specifics.

People often get the Statute Barred date wrong since the Doyle v PRA Court of Appeal case where the Default is relevant if it comes after any last payment or acknowledgement.

Ruthbridge is a Debt Collection Agency so since they cannot issue legal proceedings you can ignore their correspondence after having read and saved it obviously.

The letters will stop eventually.

Di
        Hi, All the debts are in my diary on here . There is one i am missing but it is on here as i know i have always updated . I've just got back from a long day out so might just be missing .

all the debts have not been paid since 2012

Type of account (overdraft)husband's Date commenced (2003) Approx balance (£525) Date last paid (22 June 2012) Are you on arrangement or not paying (was on dmp now stopped paying) Status (default/cca...

Type of account (credit card)husband's Date commenced (2005) i put 2005 but they may be before this also Approx balance.( £1,284.70 Date last paid (22/06/2012) Are you on arrangement or not paying (stopping dmp )
        Type of account (credit card)mine Date commenced (2003)maybe even before cannot remember Approx balance (£8,530) Date last paid (22 June 2012) Are you on arrangement or not paying (was on dmp now stopped paying) Status (default/cca being sent ) Account owner (Lloydstsb)

Type of account (loan HP ) joint Date commenced (2005) Approx balance (£3,070) Date last paid (22 June 2012) Are you on arrangement or not paying (was on dmp now stopped paying) Status (default/cca being sent )This is the account on credit karma and the dca are cap quest who keep updating that no payment has been received , this has been statute barred now since 2018 , all other debts have come off our credit files , but capquest have defaulted this account twice . The second default should have come off in December 2019 .

Comment

Working...
        X