GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Would appreciate some help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would appreciate some help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
    Was this MBNA account assigned direct to PRA or was it assigned to anyone first such as Aktiv Kapital, and what year was it assigned?
    Di
    Why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowingone View Post
      Why do you ask?

Because PRA took me to court and lost on the assignment issue.

They also lost because the two MBNA credit agreements they produced were ruled irredeemably unenforceable by the Judge. I notice your husband's MBNA credit cards were opened a long time ago too, so I shall be interested to see what PRA produce in response to your CCA Requests.

Jo explains what happened in my case here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
      ‘“RECONSTITUTED AGREEMENT” – IRREDEEMABLY UNENFORCEABLE”
      “UNREDACTED DEEDS OF ASSIGNMENT – NO ASSIGMENT PROVED”

So, held Recorder Bellamy in PRA Group (UK) Limited v Mayhew at Central London County Court on 22nd March 2017, at the end of a 3 day multi track trial, when dismissing PRA’s claim against our client.

Stale debts sued for on the back of 2 ‘reconstituted’ MBNA credit card agreements (May 1999 and October 2000) were held irredeemably unenforceable under CCA 1974. The evidence of an honest witness was preferred to that of so called “reconstituted agreements”.

After 3 days of close forensic examination of, and legal argument about, evidence and documents from both PRA and MBNA stating that our client’s specific debt had been assigned, the court held that no assignment had been proved.

Efforts, over many months, in earlier cases to force PRA into disclosure of un-redacted deeds and deep and sustained forensic challenge to the provenance of documents needed to prove regulatory compliance, finally drew back the veil. The reality behind bulk debt purchasing was revealed.

This decision shows that just saying an agreement is enforceable and producing a “reconstituted” copy does not prove that it is enforceable. Just saying an agreement has been assigned and producing a notice saying it has been assigned does not prove legal assignment.

Debt purchasers need to provide proof. If that means the pitifully few pence in the pound they pay for stale debts will increase because banks will now have to start keeping original evidence complying with regulatory consumer protection measures, it is hard to imagine many tears being shed, outside the City of London.

Comment

Working...
      X