GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Understand credit report - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Understand credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understand credit report

Numpty trying to understand my credit report, so some years ago I had a massive credit limit with Barclaycard, seemed like they just upped it every few months, like an idiot kept using it. Eventually due to other issues, had mental health issues and eventually lost my then job, eventually defaulted to the point ended up in County Court and issued a CCJ in feb 2016 (debt had been purchased by h2 portfolio by time went to court)

Payment plan was set up of 150 / month from march 2016 and not missed a payment. My credit report when go into the account info tho shows my Barclaycard, (well h2) still in defaulting every month with same outstanding balance as they took me to court for.

Every month still shows a df.

Am I missing something as balance shud at least be 3 and half years of 150 / month less?

Sorry if sounds silly, thanks

the Default remains on your credit file for 6 years, ( 5 in Scotland) after that it will drop off your file even if you have not cleared the outstanding balance.
    you say you have a CCJ for this account, is that also on your credit file, as that will also remain on there for 6 years.
    It could be that as there is a CCJ they are not updating the account balance as the CCJ takes preferance and should drop off in 3 years
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshw View Post
      some years ago I had a massive credit limit with Barclaycard, seemed like they just upped it every few months, like an idiot kept using it. Eventually due to other issues, had mental health issues and eventually lost my then job, eventually defaulted to the point ended up in County Court and issued a CCJ in feb 2016 (debt had been purchased by h2 portfolio by time went to court)

Payment plan was set up of 150 / month from march 2016 and not missed a payment. My credit report when go into the account info tho shows my Barclaycard, (well h2) still in defaulting every month with same outstanding balance as they took me to court for.

When you say the debt "ended up in the county court" do you mean you attended a Hearing/Trial having defended/contested the claim?

Or was this a Default Judgment because you didn't file the Acknowledgment of Claim or Defence by the court deadline etc?

Or did you file an Admission in response to the claim?

Or didn't you receive the claim form etc?

Was the £150 per month payment plan a voluntary agreement between you and Hoist (possibly Howard Cohen Solicitors or Robinson Way) perhaps wrapped up in a Tomlin Order?

Or was this £150 per month an Instalment Order from the court (CCJ)?

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment when Barclaycard assigned the debt to Hoist?

Sorry for all the questions but establishing how/if you owe Hoist Portfolio any money is the first step to making any suggestions as to your next step.

Di

Comment

Working...
      X