GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Applying for CRA - resets the 6 year clock? Any advice welcome! :) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for CRA - resets the 6 year clock? Any advice welcome! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for CRA - resets the 6 year clock? Any advice welcome! :)

Hello I have one debt of approx £2500 that might be statute barred. If I request a CRA from the company that have bought the debt (as I want to check the legality of it and also the default date as it’s differebt with each CRA?!) does this contact from me ‘reset’ the 6 year clock...?

Ive been googling for hours and seem to be finding conflicting information!

You only reset the clock if you admit he debt. Why do you want to contact them? By getting in touch you may remind them that you exist and if it isn’t SB this could prompt a flurry of action from them. You say that the default dates are all different, then wait until the last date before you consider the account SB.
    I would only send for your agreement if you get threatening contact from the company that now owns the account, then if you send the AAD templates you will not be resetting the date of acknowledging the account as these letters have all been checked by a lawyer to ensure that this doesn’t happen.
    I would probably keep quiet, even though it is tempting to check that you are now ‘safe’!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That’s great, thank you for this! X

Comment

Working...
      X